How Do You Feel About America?

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 6 Dec, 2009 01:11 pm
I like America. It's a laugh riot and I'm allowed to laugh out loud.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sun 6 Dec, 2009 01:15 pm
@Rockhead,
you won't understand the irony in your post, bill. so I won't bother to point it out...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nothing wrong with being a modern Rome Empire as without it our current civilization could not had come into being at all.

Side note the American form of government was base in large part not as the right wing Christians had claimed on so call Christians ideals but on the early Roman Republic period by our founding fathers

Yes it had it faults as we do but it was a main driving force for the overall betterment of mankind for something of the order of 2400 years if you count both the Eastern and the Western Empires.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sun 6 Dec, 2009 01:25 pm
@Rockhead,
you won't understand the irony in your post, bill. so I won't bother to point it out...
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Second note without the Eastern Roman Empire you would now be praying in the direction of the East on your knees six times a day and without the USA you would had been learning either German or Japanese or Russian.

Of course, as a Muslin if you were wealthy, you could end up with more then one wife and you would get to abuse your women all you care to.
Rockhead

Reply Sun 6 Dec, 2009 01:26 pm
@BillRM,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wniGFm_jgRI&feature=related
dyslexia

Reply Sun 6 Dec, 2009 01:33 pm
@Rockhead,
don't know the song, love the video.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sun 6 Dec, 2009 01:36 pm
@Rockhead,
And this video have what point? Second note without the USA the technology more then likely would not exist to allow you to post your comments.

Such technology as an electric power grid to home computers to the internet was all created by Americans.

Second note I can just see that group existing in a Muslin control world.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 6 Dec, 2009 01:43 pm
I don't understand the obsession with being the greatest super power, babysitter, meddler and desire to dictate how other people live everywhere in the world.

Is it not enough to have freedom and prosperity within our own borders? Can we not just concentrate on maintaining that and let the other assholes just continue to slaughter each other if that's what they choose? Because if we did that no one would be ******* with us.
djjd62

Reply Sun 6 Dec, 2009 01:44 pm
i'm the least flag wavy patriot you'll ever meet, but bill's posts make me glad to be canadian

we don't get that salute the flag, god bless our country crap thrust down our throats here, and i believe it makes us better world citizens
BillRM

Reply Sun 6 Dec, 2009 02:25 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Is it not enough to have freedom and prosperity within our own borders? Can we not just concentrate on maintaining that and let the other assholes just continue to slaughter each other if that's what they choose? Because if we did that no one would be ******* with us.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yes right I am sure such people as Hitler would not had brother us if we had allow him to win WW2 or Stalin for that matter.

No the world will not stop annoying us if we pull our heads into our rear ends and try to pretend that the rest of the world does not exist.

Sooner or later the murdering mad men will get around to us and start slaughtering our citizens even if we did place our heads up our assholes.

Try reading some history starting with how well your theory work out in the 1930s.

0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Sun 6 Dec, 2009 02:29 pm
@djjd62,
Quote:
we don't get that salute the flag, god bless our country crap thrust down our throats here...

You just have the folks who haven't figured out they're not a French colony anymore and won't tell you how to get back to your hotel if you can't remember anything from your high school French class (not that I'm making this personal or anything) .
I think every country has their share of doofuses like Bill. America is just real big so we have more of them per acre.

By the way Bill, if you want to quote someone just hit the button that says "quote".
BillRM

Reply Sun 6 Dec, 2009 02:33 pm
@djjd62,
i believe it makes us better world citizens
---------------------------------------------------------
Yes citizens of a third rate military power with none of the responsibility of the only world super power beside having the protection of being in the shadow of that super power, can indeed be “better” world citizens!

All your country history you had enjoyed the protection of the British Empire and then the USA military shield.

You should feel ashamed for that comment.

0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sun 6 Dec, 2009 02:35 pm
@Green Witch,
Quote:
By the way Bill, if you want to quote someone just hit the button that says "quote".

You mean like that dear?
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sun 6 Dec, 2009 02:42 pm
@Green Witch,
Oh Green Witch if memory serve me correctly these better world citizens was taking children by force away from their native American families as late as the 1960s.

I could be wrong as I did not google it before posting here but that is my memory.
Rockhead

Reply Sun 6 Dec, 2009 02:46 pm
@BillRM,
we've been the native american route once, you and I bill, and you dint fare so well.

best we leave them out of this, eh?
Foofie

Reply Sun 6 Dec, 2009 02:48 pm
@chamin27,
chamin27 wrote:

how do you feel towards america?

I feel that the U.S.A. is the end of the road for many people here. No going back to some homeland that ancestors came from. I think the founding fathers realized this, and set up the society so that many diverse people could live here that came to this road's end. It has helped to be living in a country over three-thousand miles wide. We never have to march into the Sudetenland for lebensraum (living room).

If there was a God, I believe he would look kindly on the U.S.A., and also be a Republican.

I do subscribe to the belief in American Exceptionalism, regardless of the blemishes on our history of slavery, and other inequities in the past. I am referring to my belief that no other nation would have:
- Effected the Berlin Airlift
- Maintained South Korea's freedom
- Saved the Pacific Rim nations from Japanese Imperialism
- Saved Europe from Naziism
- Protected Germany from Soviet expansionism.
- Tried to save South Vietnam from Communism

Also, in our history, we have not vanquished our enemies; we have turned our beaten enemies into our allies (i.e., Germany, Japan)

I am also glad I am communicating in English (meaning that the U.S.A.'s dominant language is English).

BillRM

Reply Sun 6 Dec, 2009 02:58 pm
@Rockhead,
Why dear one, as the wonderful and moral Canadians had a history that is in some respect "worst" then ours.

Yes the native Americans needed to be move out of the way but taking children away from their families as late as the 1960s!

And this is a people that try to get on a moral high horse when ever possible!!
aidan

Reply Sun 6 Dec, 2009 03:46 pm
@Foofie,
Quote:
If there was a God, I believe he would look kindly on the U.S.A., and also be a Republican.

This is almost word for word what my friend Danny said when I asked him WHY his mother had destroyed every single one of his Stones albums (when we were teenagers) and he said, 'Because she's running for the office of God - on the republican ticket of course.' Laughing Laughing

Which brings me to what I love about North America and specifically the United States. I think we've produced some of the best and most innovative music in the world within my lifetime - where would the rest of the world be in terms of the blues without the US influence...where? Nowhere - sorry but that's the truth- and we have awesome food and scenery and an amazing and diverse population and cultural mix that never bores or ceases to amaze me.

0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sun 6 Dec, 2009 03:48 pm
@BillRM,
won't deny the country has done some shitty things, name me one that hasn't

djjd62

Reply Sun 6 Dec, 2009 03:50 pm
@Green Witch,
Green Witch wrote:
You just have the folks who haven't figured out they're not a French colony anymore and won't tell you how to get back to your hotel if you can't remember anything from your high school French class (not that I'm making this personal or anything) .

believe me, that's the first thing i'd fix if i was prime minister, english across the board, keep your culture, speak the language amongst yourselves, but the country runs in english
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sun 6 Dec, 2009 03:54 pm
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:

and let's not forget what a prick god is, hey abraham, why don't you kill your son to prove how much you love me, gotcha, just joking

0 Replies