Double murder in small Maine town baffles authorities

Merry Andrew

Reply Sat 5 Dec, 2009 09:06 pm
@backwoods1,
Hi, Backwoods1. Welcome to the forum. I think I understand the scenario now. Pls correct me if I got anything wrong:

Neighbor stops by the house, sees bodies, calls 911. Fire dept. is first responder. Firemen view bodies and, in the absence of any obvious signs of trauma, postulate carbon monoxide poisoning. When police arrive, small caliber bullet wounds are discovered. And that's about all that anybody knows at this point. Am I right?
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Sat 5 Dec, 2009 09:17 pm
@backwoods1,
backwoods1 wrote:
there was no visible trauma on the bodies, the way they were laying didnt grant us any view of that,

With two shots to the guy's back and one to the lady's head and there was no visible sign of trauma on the bodies? Wasn't there any blood?

Why do you say "the scene was suspicious to say the least"?
Merry Andrew

Reply Sun 6 Dec, 2009 12:36 am
@rosborne979,
Small caliber like a .22 or a .25, Ros, there probably wouldn't have been enough bleeding to be immediately noticeable unless you handled the bodies. If the shot was to the back of the woman's head, and both bodies were on their backs it's quite possible there would be no immediately noticeable signs of trauma.
rosborne979

Reply Sun 6 Dec, 2009 09:07 am
@Merry Andrew,
Merry Andrew wrote:

Small caliber like a .22 or a .25, Ros, there probably wouldn't have been enough bleeding to be immediately noticeable unless you handled the bodies. If the shot was to the back of the woman's head, and both bodies were on their backs it's quite possible there would be no immediately noticeable signs of trauma.

According to Backwoods, the EMT's arrived before the Fire Department. But apparently the Fire Department did a check for Carbon Monoxide and didn't find any. I would have thought the EMT's would have noticed the gunshot wounds and told the Fire Department they didn't have to check for CO.

So even though the town is apparently floating with rumors of gunshot wounds, maybe that's incorrect. The police haven't said for sure what the cause of death was yet. Right?
dyslexia

Reply Sun 6 Dec, 2009 10:19 am
@rosborne979,
a .22 behind the ear at immediate range is a common execution style hit.
rosborne979

Reply Sun 6 Dec, 2009 05:55 pm
@dyslexia,
dyslexia wrote:

a .22 behind the ear at immediate range is a common execution style hit.

How would you know that? Were you visiting Maine recently? Smile
dyslexia

Reply Sun 6 Dec, 2009 05:56 pm
@rosborne979,
Maine? you can't get there from here.
rosborne979

Reply Sun 6 Dec, 2009 05:59 pm
@dyslexia,
dyslexia wrote:

Maine? you can't get there from here.

You're sounding evasive...
dyslexia

Reply Sun 6 Dec, 2009 06:09 pm
@rosborne979,
I was just coming home late, I didn't see anything.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sun 6 Dec, 2009 06:37 pm
@rosborne979,
For what it's worth, dys is quite correct. And I can assure you that my personal knowledge of the Boston underworld is quite extensive, more so than I can say on an open forum like this.
rosborne979

Reply Sun 6 Dec, 2009 06:40 pm
@Merry Andrew,
Merry Andrew wrote:
For what it's worth, dys is quite correct. And I can assure you that my personal knowledge of the Boston underworld is quite extensive, more so than I can say on an open forum like this.

I still woulda thought the EMT's would have been able to determine a cause of death from gunshot, before asking the Fire Department to test for CO levels.
Merry Andrew

Reply Sun 6 Dec, 2009 06:43 pm
@rosborne979,
Quote:
I still woulda thought the EMT's would have been able to determine a cause of death from gunshot, before asking the Fire Department to test for CO levels.

That's something else again. I agree that, on its face, this looks awfully sloppy, to be kind about it.
rosborne979

Reply Sun 6 Dec, 2009 07:21 pm
@Merry Andrew,
Merry Andrew wrote:
That's something else again. I agree that, on its face, this looks awfully sloppy, to be kind about it.

Not just sloppy. I would say, "the facts don't add up yet".

Again, it would help if the police would provide all the facts and events in accurate sequence (not that they give a **** what we think or anything).

Even BackWoods noted that the gunshots were not confirmed by the police. So at the moment, we don't really know what the cause of death was.
0 Replies

mpcliff

Reply Tue 8 Dec, 2009 01:03 pm
@Merry Andrew,
Though I now live in NC, I grew up in Springfield, right beside Webster. I go back for a month every summer. In fact, probably a good quarter of Webster's population are relatives of mine, including my brother. I knew the murdered couple. One of the posters was correct in his observation that Maine is another planet...but that's not always a bad thing. We know everyone, and there is safety in that...usually. This is an area where no one locks doors and cars are left running at the grocery store. It is really sad and really scary...and we all wish the police would open up. Mainers are a different breed...fiercely tough and independent...so I've no doubt that the truth will come out, eventually.
farmerman

Reply Tue 8 Dec, 2009 05:22 pm
@mpcliff,
Its the SAD I tell ya.Maine winter light is weak as a motel martini
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 8 Dec, 2009 07:38 pm
I 've never been there.
How is Maine like another planet?

David
farmerman

Reply Tue 8 Dec, 2009 08:58 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Its just a phrase Dave, Ive never been to another planet yet, based upon empirical Evidence, I feel confident that another planet would have a Penobscot or Washington County wherein Mainers would feel at home.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 8 Dec, 2009 09:22 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Its just a phrase Dave, Ive never been to another planet yet
We KNOW what its like on the inner planets.
We 've seen that. We know temperatures,
chemistry of atmospheres, etc, which were real mysteries in my youth.
Now, we know that thay r vast, mt deserts.

Quote:
based upon empirical Evidence, I feel confident that another planet
would have a Penobscot or Washington County wherein Mainers would feel at home.
That 's a secret code. I don 't have the key. I can 't relate.
HOW is Maine different ?
farmerman

Reply Tue 8 Dec, 2009 10:00 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qnd-hdmgfk
OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 8 Dec, 2009 10:53 pm
@farmerman,
Yeah, I bawt that movie.
0 Replies