Star Trek MMORPG!

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 18 Dec, 2009 04:23 pm
@littlek,
littlek wrote:

Aw too bad, that makes it less fun for me..... Thanks for the info, DJ.

Not DJ!

Cycloptichorn
littlek

Reply Fri 18 Dec, 2009 04:28 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Sorry Cyclop!
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 18 Dec, 2009 09:46 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:

littlek wrote:

Hey, I don't feel like clicking links. I know what RPG means, what's MMO?

Massively Multiplayer Online

I think it would be better if you had to start out in the Academy and work your way up Laughing

More respect for the Prime Directive that way.

Cycloptichorn

Hear hear!
Seed

Reply Fri 18 Dec, 2009 09:50 pm
@tsarstepan,
I'm interested in see in what kind of quest the game will offer.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 18 Dec, 2009 10:18 pm
@littlek,
littlek wrote:
Hey, I don't feel like clicking links. I know what RPG means, what's MMO?

Your question was already answered directly by Cycloptichorn, but just to add more detail, a MMORPG is the same sort of game as World of Warcraft -- everyone logs onto a central server to play, and you can team up with other players to kill hard enemies that you can't defeat alone, or you can fight against other players, or you can just do solo stuff on your own. And there is also an economy where you can make items to sell to people.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sat 19 Dec, 2009 10:07 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:
A description of the various goodies (without telling where you get what goody):
http://www.startrekonline.com/exclusives

"TOS Costumes
Players can clothe their Federation characters in the uniforms made famous by William Shatner and Leonard Nimoy in the classic Star Trek: The Original Series. Players can freely change the colors of the uniform. Also note: The TOS costumes do include mini-skirts!"

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Sat 23 Jan, 2010 10:45 pm
Got my Open Beta key a few days ago. They're still working out bugs, but it's playable.

It's been fun to play for a few days, but the game itself seems awfully repetitive. Fly to new star system. Fights some ships. Beam down. Fight bad guys. Beam out. Fight another ship. Report back that your mission is complete.
DrewDad

Reply Sun 28 Mar, 2010 09:44 am
@DrewDad,
I did buy the game, and played for my thirty days.

Doesn't look like I'm going to sign up for a subscription. (For one thing, they won't accept the funds in my Paypal account as a payment; they are only using Paypal as a credit card processing service. I really don't like to pay for entertainment with a credit card.)

The space combat is enjoyable, but only if you're playing against other living players. Player vs. Environment missions were dead boring.

Too bad; the potential within the Star Trek intellectual property seems so great.

Thank God I didn't spring for a lifetime subscription....
0 Replies

Victor Eremita

Reply Wed 9 Jun, 2010 11:39 pm
I liked the idea of a Star Trek MMO, but when it first came out, it felt unfinished to me; hopefully by now it'll feel more complete
tsarstepan

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2010 11:58 am
@Victor Eremita,
I would love to tackle the Kobayashi Maru test as well as the Academy years then work my way up to the inevitable rank of captain on a science vessel.
0 Replies