what to do about spam pm?

djjd62

Reply Fri 20 Nov, 2009 07:37 pm
@ossobuco,
well beth was the first to suggest the help desk

ossobuco

Reply Fri 20 Nov, 2009 07:39 pm
@djjd62,
Which is where, for someone who's never looked at the bottom of page stuff?
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 20 Nov, 2009 07:39 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

Uh, what am I, chopped liver? : )

It depends. Do you happen to have sliced tomato, mustard, and a fresh whole wheat/everything bagel ready for the toaster ... nearby? If so then you are chopped liver! Razz If not, then it's kind of moot! Wink
djjd62

Reply Fri 20 Nov, 2009 07:40 pm
@tsarstepan,
mmmmmm, chopped liver

wait a minute, isn't spam really the poor man's chopped liver?
msolga

Reply Fri 20 Nov, 2009 07:41 pm
@djjd62,
Now how do you make that? Anyone got a good recipe? Wink
ossobuco

Reply Fri 20 Nov, 2009 07:42 pm
@tsarstepan,
I'm mostly teasing, just a riffle of snappishness. I don't think I'm ok with chopped liver, doesn't it have cooked eggwhite in it?
ossobuco

Reply Fri 20 Nov, 2009 07:43 pm
@djjd62,
Roberta gave hers, which I would take to be biblical, as it were.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 20 Nov, 2009 07:43 pm
@ossobuco,
Ack, that should have been to Tsar.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 20 Nov, 2009 07:45 pm
@ossobuco,
Chopped liver, like hot dogs, is something I love to eat but intentionally stay ignorant of how it's made. Laughing
msolga

Reply Fri 20 Nov, 2009 07:47 pm
@tsarstepan,
That's probably best!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 20 Nov, 2009 07:48 pm
@tsarstepan,
This is a quote from Thomas' chopped liver thread from EhBeth re Roberta's recipe already ---
http://able2know.org/topic/110223-1#post-3038202

QUOTEREPORT Mon 14 Jan, 2008 12:45 am
I've had a strong craving for chopped liver. Decided to satisfy it. Couldn't find chicken livers in the supermarket. Finally, I found some in a new-looking container--from Purdue.

Because my kitchen is only slightly larger than a coffin and my counter space is about a foot and a half wide, I have to be very organized when I'm making stuff.

I put the eggs up to boil. So far, so good. I usually use one medium and one small onion. Had only two mediums. Ok. I sliced the onions while the oil was heating. While the onions were softening, I figured I'd get the livers ready. Could not get the container open. COULD NOT do it. Pull tab and lift up. I pulled the tab and lifted up. Nada. Lifted, pulled, pried--still nada.

I had to take the onions off the heat so that they wouldn't cook too much. Pulling, prying, muttering. No liver. I finally got a hammer and screwdriver. Could not hammer the top off with the screwdriver under the lid. I was reduced to hammering holes in the top. Made enough holes to create an opening large enough for me to reach in. Thought I'd get the livers out that way. The top came off.

I put the onions back on the heat and cleaned and separated the livers. It seemed like a lot of liver. More than usual. Maybe that would work okay with the extra onions.

Made a space for the livers in the pan with the onions and dumped in the livers.

I forgot to get the bread ready. (Bread goes in the chopped liver.) My first two bread choices were out (no challah, and the roll I had was for when I made the sandwich). I planned on using white bread. Go get the white bread. There is none. How can I not have white bread?! Is this possible? Possible or not, I didn't have any. Rye I had, but rye is a no-no. Ended up using hotdog roles. Cut off the crust. Got ready to chop.

Grandma's wooden chopping bowl, mother's chopper. Magic. Start chopping, and it's apparent that there's way to much of everything but eggs. I managed to get the consistency right with the hotdog roles, but there's way too much chopped liver. WAY too much.

Had a sandwich last night. Not the best I've ever made, but better than average. A sandwich tonight. Lots of liver left.

Anybody want some chopped liver?
msolga

Reply Fri 20 Nov, 2009 07:53 pm
@ossobuco,
Code:Anybody want some chopped liver?

Me!

You've talked me into it, you smooth talkin devil!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 20 Nov, 2009 08:57 pm
@msolga,
msolga wrote:

Now how do you make that? Anyone got a good recipe? Wink

NO CHOPPED LIVER PLEEEEEEEEEZE!!!!!!!!

I have a weak stomach.

A poison oughtta be able to come to a goddam spam thread without being faced with chopped liver recipes!!!!

Dammit!!
msolga

Reply Fri 20 Nov, 2009 09:46 pm
@dlowan,
Sorry! (We were just joking around... )

OK, I've sent my "contact us" message now, too.

0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 20 Nov, 2009 09:50 pm
@tsarstepan,
Quote:
There is a Russian address buried in the message that scares the living hell out me!

Worries me, too, tsar!
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sat 21 Nov, 2009 10:48 am
@tsarstepan,
Thank you for sending in the report to the Help Desk, which is the best place to send these. I found this topic by chance.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 21 Nov, 2009 06:14 pm
I did, because I was kind of interested...and it is the very same forum.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 21 Nov, 2009 06:32 pm
Phoenix32890 wrote:

I NEVER click on a link from a new A2K member.

Me neither
0 Replies