Engine Idle Shutdown

Reply Fri 20 Nov, 2009 04:26 pm
I am wanting to know if it is possible to disable the Engine Idle Shutdown feature on a 2009 F-550.. I do not live in CA or a green state so I do not need this feature. Truck was ordered of out of the state. I need it diabled so I can leave the truck idling when I am using work lights on it.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 6,862 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Rockhead

Reply Fri 20 Nov, 2009 04:30 pm
@bsimmons,
if you don't have it done at a Ford dealer, you most likely will void your warranty, should you ever need it.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Fri 20 Nov, 2009 06:37 pm
@bsimmons,
Below is how it is done by way of the truck computer, however with the parking brake on you have 15 minutes before the damn thing will shut down and that shut down is stop if the gas pedal is press during that period of time so if should not be too hard to jig rig something that would give a short pedal push every 15 minutes or so. A small electric motor with a cram attach to the pedal should do the trick. Hate California.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ENGINE IDLE SHUTDOWN DISABLE PROCEDURE
NOTE: This disable engine idle shutdown procedure can only be performed on non-green state vehicles
therefore engine idle shutdown can NOT be disabled on vehicles that are California Emission Certified or
California Emission Certified through a Dealer with Renkim.
This procedure will put back the as-built data in the VID block therefore restoring the vehicle to as manufactured
without the engine idle shut down feature.
Originator: Dan Pelcher/dpelcher
Page 2 of 3
Date Issued: 3/31/08
Q-169R1.doc
Date Revised: 5/2/08
Final Stage Manufacturers can restore a vehicles as-built data with a laptop computer by obtaining their own IDS Kit
(Integrated Diagnostic Software) sold by Ford. Below are two areas of the Motorcraft® Technical Resource Access
website for the description and ordering of tools and kits.
Diagnostic Tool Support (product detail in left hand navigation menu):
http://www.motorcraftservice.com/vdirs/retail/default.asp?pageid=wds_retail&gutsid=wds&menuIndex1=8
Tools & Equipment (how to order):
http://www.motorcraftservice.com/vdirs/retail/default.asp?pageid=pubs_rotunda&gutsid=pubs_rotunda
Up-fitters will be asked to call 1-800-ROTUNDA Option #1 to order the kits. Another option is through the Ford
Fleet website, www.fleet.ford.com, if they have a FIN Code.
Once the service laptop has been obtained, and IDS installed, following are the basic steps to restore as-built data
in the VID block.
1. Ensure that the IDS is updated to B54 Database
4. Select "PCM"
2. Select "Module Programming" in the IDS Toolbox
3. Select "As-Built"
If you have any questions, please contact the Ford Truck Body Builders Advisory Service as shown in the header of
this bulletin.
0 Replies