Can a man ever be trusted after a history with prostitutes

Mon 16 Nov, 2009 03:41 pm
Can a man ever be trusted after seeing prostitutes for years of his life? He says he loves me, but I have doubts. It's hard to trust a man with a history of behavior of going to prostitutes on a regular basis who has suddenly stopped this behavior only because he has a girlfriend.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 6 • Views: 6,387 • Replies: 13
Topic Closed
No top replies

Intrepid

Mon 16 Nov, 2009 03:52 pm
@LeonaBanks,
Get a new boyfriend. If he has this history, why did you get together with him in the first place? Do you practice safe sex?
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Mon 16 Nov, 2009 04:12 pm
@LeonaBanks,
LeonaBanks wrote:

Can a man ever be trusted after seeing prostitutes for years of his life? He says he loves me, but I have doubts. It's hard to trust a man with a history of behavior of going to prostitutes on a regular basis who has suddenly stopped this behavior only because he has a girlfriend.

First you write that other thread at 3:10 PM stating ...
Quote:
I found out Sunday and this has torn me apart. His reaction when I told him in a brief and polite email? "Get your stuff out. You have until the end of the month"

If you're so willing to cement yourself into this relationship despite you sounding like you were going to finally end it in that other thread.

Demand that he faithfully goes to sexual counseling (either a sex addicts group or sexual offender counseling) as well as conscientiously and obsessively attend NA meetings or Narcotics Anonoymous ...
[http://portaltools.na.org/portaltools/MeetingLoc/].

Make these ultimatums the final word. If he still loves you then he'll follow through with the best of intentions. Any violation of these promises should have you immediately end the relationship then and there.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Mon 16 Nov, 2009 04:15 pm
I really think this person must be a Troll. Hard to explain the responses otherwise...

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

NSFW (view)
mariadomenica

Mon 16 Nov, 2009 08:26 pm
@LeonaBanks,
Without knowing the guy, hard to say. My husband dind't use prostitutes but he was a man-whore before we met. Got bored with it - wasn't getting what he wanted out of the whoring around. He was quite up front about it, and I am sure he wouldn't whore around now.

Some of his buddies are another story - I am SURE one guy is a married man whore. He seems like he can't be happy with any one woman - but it's really about his own unhappiness. Until he realizes that, he'll keep doing it - very unsatisfying - like groundhog day - same pattern.

Depends on the individual pathology.
mariadomenica

Mon 16 Nov, 2009 08:27 pm
@mariadomenica,
my cache must not have been updated -didnt see the thread- sounds like the guy is a dud
0 Replies

anonymously99stwin

Sun 12 Jan, 2014 03:33 pm
@LeonaBanks,
Quote:
"Can a man ever be trusted after seeing prostitutes for years of his life? He says he loves me, but I have doubts. It's hard to trust a man with a history of behavior of going to prostitutes on a regular basis who has suddenly stopped this behavior only because he has a girlfriend."

You found yourself a rich man I see. Those ladies can be costly.

Possible he would change his behavior because his girlfriend would be free. He can save money that way.
0 Replies

Angel Jim

Wed 7 Sep, 2016 09:01 am
Anyone can change. I used to smoke cigarettes and I quit no problem.
0 Replies

Angsebr

Mon 29 Jan, 2018 07:45 am
@LeonaBanks,
It's your business to trust or not. But give the person a chance if you love him.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Mon 29 Jan, 2018 08:37 am
Do I understand this correctly... He used prostitutes before he was in a relationship with you? If this is the case... why wouldn't you trust him? He wasn't cheating?

My philosophy is that sexual history is history.
tsarstepan

Mon 29 Jan, 2018 08:46 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

My philosophy is that sexual history is history.

My philosophy is to let an 8 and a half year old thread die already. The poster in question hasn't been back since mid2014.
maxdancona

Mon 29 Jan, 2018 09:33 am
@tsarstepan,
Geez sorry. It popped up to the top of my queue and I forgot to check the date of the OP.

My apologies.
0 Replies

marknewby

Thu 1 Feb, 2018 10:22 am
@LeonaBanks,
no, never
0 Replies