Nintendo DS or DSi

Linkat

Reply Mon 16 Nov, 2009 02:30 pm
My daughter wants Nintendo DS for Christmas. She never has asked for anything very expensive before and I don't have a problem getting her something like this - she is very good and has done excellent in school. I'd love to reward her with something special - she is in the 5th grade.

I've also seen Nintendo DSi (which is more money). Does anyone know anything about these systems and can give me some info? Is the Nintendo DS fine or is it better to get whatever new version is out - what is the difference between the two?

I've seen some cool games - she will particularly like the Imagine Detective one.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,774 • Replies: 5
No top replies

engineer

Reply Mon 16 Nov, 2009 02:50 pm
@Linkat,
The DSi has a small camera (0.3MP), an SD card slot for music and pictures, some Internet connectivity and a few other goodies. You should be able to get a used DS lite very cheap this Christmas is you want to go that way.
Linkat

Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2009 11:20 am
@engineer,
I'm, afraid of the used products as if I have a problem where would I return them - I think I'll play it safe and pay full price.

It looks like I can get some deals on the games here and there though.

I also checked with my SIL - as her daughter has one of these - that is how my daughter came up with the idea. She has the DS - without the i and all the bells and whistles. I figure the difference in price of $40 isn't worth it as my daughter's focus would be on the games. Although she might like the taking pictures part.
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2009 12:00 pm
@Linkat,
So will it be pink?
Linkat

Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2009 12:25 pm
@tsarstepan,
No way. My girl is a Tom Boy no way will it be pink! She wants the gray one.
0 Replies

ziikiin

Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2010 01:34 am
Good? She's very small, age?
0 Replies