do you ever?

Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2009 10:39 am
do you ever post something your really don't believe or mean just as a knee-jerk response to someone else's post?
I do.

tsarstepan

Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2009 10:41 am
@dyslexia,
Quote:
knee-jerk response[s]

If I ever had... I'm grateful for my short attentions span and I tend to forget about those postings soon enough.
0 Replies

Francis

@dyslexia,
Dys wrote:
Do you ever?

I ever!
Joeblow

@dyslexia,
No you don't.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2009 10:46 am
@dyslexia,
<the sounds of creaking folding chairs and murmuring voices, a lone figure rises from his seat>

my name is djjd62, and i am a knee-jerk responder

<the crowd responds>

hi, djjd62

<from the right comes the response>

actually you're just a jerk
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2009 10:53 am
@dyslexia,
You can always just thumb it down...
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2009 10:59 am
@dyslexia,
many times when i'm in the thick of things in some threads i feel like a motherless child, but then i see dys and i feel like this

0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2009 12:28 pm
@dyslexia,
Quote:
do you ever post something your really don't believe or mean just as a knee-jerk response to someone else's post?
I can say that I dont recallever having done this in any fashion .
When I call you a **** samwich eater, Im serious
0 Replies

fresco

Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2009 01:51 pm
As I have cited from elsewhere, the assumption that we are unified "single minded selves" is empirically unjustified. What we call "self" is contextually evoked.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2009 02:12 pm
@Francis,
I said something to Francis a long while back that I realized too late was insulting, which I'm sorry for.

Other than that, all my posts have been carefully considered.

Of course, sometimes I like to post stuff to get OCCOM Bill in a self righteous tizzy, but that's only when I don't feel like exerting myself mentally.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2009 02:19 pm
@dyslexia,
dyslexia wrote:

I do.

Doesn't everyone?
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2009 03:46 pm
@dyslexia,
I make things up all the time - usually trying to be funny - but unfortunately most are not intelligent enough to appreciate my humor and end up swearing at me.

I also make up things when my kids ask me questions. Sometimes I know the answer and sometimes I know they know the answer, but I like to screw with them.
Linkat

Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2009 03:46 pm
@dyslexia,
One word Leonabanks....
tsarstepan

Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2009 03:49 pm
@Linkat,
I think her raison d'etre is to become one big knee jerk reactionary magnet. I was half serious when I indirectly asked her on a couple of occasions on whether she was some kind of plant for some kind of gotcha style television project trying to research racism on the internet.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2009 04:16 pm
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:

I make things up all the time - usually trying to be funny - but unfortunately most are not intelligent enough to appreciate my humor and end up swearing at me.

DAMMIT!

Linkat wrote:

I also make up things when my kids ask me questions. Sometimes I know the answer and sometimes I know they know the answer, but I like to screw with them.

I honestly think that's the one thing I've missed by not having kids.
djjd62

Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2009 04:21 pm
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:

i always thought if i'd had kids i would home school them and teach them odd speaking patterns, emphasis on the wrong syllables, horrid mispronunciations, like pronouncing the "ing" in of words like thinking as hinge, thinkinge
Linkat

Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2009 04:23 pm
@djjd62,
Just read them Dr. Seuss - he likes to use made up words and changes other words just to make them rhyme - does the same thing.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2009 04:26 pm
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:

chai2 wrote:

i always thought if i'd had kids i would home school them and teach them odd speaking patterns, emphasis on the wrong syllables, horrid mispronunciations, like pronouncing the "ing" in of words like thinking as hinge, thinkinge

I would home school my children and teach them that cleaning toilets, showers and tubs are fun activites for kids, of which I could only look back fondly.
0 Replies