What are you favorite <<NEW>> television shows

Reply Tue 27 Oct, 2009 06:27 pm
What are you favorite <<NEW>> television shows? Shows that you want to preach to the world!

Be they television shows from Australia, England, from the US, or broadcasts from the northern cavernous regions of Afghanistan, etc...!

NEW Sitcoms, dramas, reality television [tripe], etc.... Let's start a proselytizing my friends! If the show is in its infancy (first season shows only), boast of your pride and joy.

For me? Through the digital grace that is Hulu.com, I have become smitten over ...
Community: Starring Joel McHale, Chevy Chase, and John Oliver . Wicked funny! And a very different take on the classroom sitcom.

Defying Gravity: Starring the screen charismatic Ron Livingston. A very human take on space travel. Of all the shows, this one I will miss the most when it will inevitably get cancelled all too soon. [sigh] Confused

Flash Forward: A particularly surprising thriller where I have absolutely no idea where its heading. Starring the ever handsome Joseph Fiennes.

And finally...
Trauma. A heart pounding thriller of a medical show.

Here's a brief sample of dialogue from Trauma:
"You're giving a naked coed a sponge bath in my copter?" asks Marissa Benez.
"God! I love Halloween!," Reuben 'Rabbit' Palchuck.
Best nickname ever, let alone best nickname on television!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 11 • Views: 3,903 • Replies: 44
No top replies

rosborne979

Reply Tue 27 Oct, 2009 06:53 pm
@tsarstepan,
Flash forward is pretty good.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Tue 27 Oct, 2009 07:09 pm
@tsarstepan,
I started watching Stargate: Universe. I need a bit of time to decide if I like it or not. The set of of characters are interesting so far... but the show has the potential to be either be interesting... or really corny.
rosborne979

Reply Tue 27 Oct, 2009 07:13 pm
Dexter is still the best. But that's Showtime, not network.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Tue 27 Oct, 2009 07:13 pm
@ebrown p,
Thanks for the reminder! I love that show. I think they'll pull back from the high drama and into more of the Stargate comic pacing when the characters get to settle into their environment.

Then again, I think Robert Carlyle is the perfect flawed lead for the show.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Sat 5 Dec, 2009 11:56 pm
I'm 1/3 the way through the 10th episode of Flash Forward (thank you very much Hulu.com)... anyone else watching it? Have any theories?

I've got a doozy of a theory but I don't want to blare it out and perhaps spoil it for others.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 6 Dec, 2009 12:06 am
I watch a few sitcoms, plus V, The Mentalist and Lost, when it finally has some episodes ready.
tsarstepan

Reply Sun 6 Dec, 2009 12:28 am
@edgarblythe,
I watched the first episode of V and something didn't seem right so I stopped watching. Should I try to pick it up again?

And with finishing that Flash Forward episode... I believe my theory has been made that much stronger. I hope the evidence brought up today wasn't a red herring.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 6 Dec, 2009 12:38 am
I watched some of Flash Forward, but did not get into it.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sun 6 Dec, 2009 07:24 am
the only broadcast tv i watch is the news, and the odd TVO specials, like the new episodes of A Touch Of Frost starting next week

when lost returns i will watch the last season, but i'll borrow (wink wink) the episodes and watch them later

the same with most of my recent tv veiwing, it's been stuff i borrowed (wink wink) and have burned to dvd

all brit shows

coast - documentary series about the coast of britian
danger uxb - series about the bomb disposal units in world war two
pie in the sky - detective series
doc martin - london top surgeon develops a fear of blood, and moves to a small welsh village that he frequented as a child, to be there new gp
kingdom - stephen fry plays a lawyer who is trying to sort out the disappearance of his half brother, while trying to cope with the lunacy of his half sister (great line from her, "it's days like this that make you glad you survived the overdose")
the darling buds of may - period drama/comedy of life in the english countyside in the years following the second world war
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 6 Dec, 2009 07:58 am
I only watch free TV. Haven't had cable in 20 years.
djjd62

Reply Sun 6 Dec, 2009 08:23 am
@edgarblythe,
i had cut my tv watching down to almost nothing before the switch to digital, we bought a converter box, but need to upgrade the antenna, might do it for the winter as we spend more time inside, but i have to admit, i've read more books lately and love that aspect of no tv
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 6 Dec, 2009 08:41 am
I live far enough from the broadcast towers that it takes some daily adjusting to get all the free channels. We often leave it on without watching just for the noise.
tsarstepan

Reply Sun 6 Dec, 2009 09:21 am
@djjd62,
When I created my Sims families (Sims and Sims 2), my favorite families would live without television. Sort of Utopian ideal. Wink
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Sun 6 Dec, 2009 09:22 am
@edgarblythe,
I don't actually have a television. I have a laptop, a library card, and a DVD player. C'est tout!
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 6 Dec, 2009 10:11 am
I get up every morning at 5 a.m. just so I can spend the entire day watching the telly, I never ever read books. My favorite is the weather channel, they have nice music playing in the background. I even have a telly in the bathroom for moments I may miss while taking a dump, it's on/off switch is part of the toilet lid.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 6 Dec, 2009 10:22 am
Wish I could get a TV in the toilet. Alas, we are TV poor.
tsarstepan

Reply Sun 6 Dec, 2009 10:27 am
@edgarblythe,
What did Bill Gates promise? A computer in every room?
Why not the American dream? A television on every wall? Wink
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 6 Dec, 2009 10:32 am
A TV on every wrist, similar to Dick Tracy's two way radio, would be perfect.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Sun 6 Dec, 2009 11:02 am
We also gave up TV when we could not get HD. Before the switch we were told it would not be a problem if we got all the equipment - so we did everthing we were told and now all we get is really colorful HD static 90% of the time. I refuse to pay for TV, so we joined Netflix and watch on-line. I'm really surprised how much is on-line and I like watching a show when I feel like it with few commercials. I mostly just go to a station's dot com and look for shows. PBS is the best, but I also watch on Lifetime, NBC, CBS, FOX, ABC, CNN Bravo, Food Channel, and whatever station America's Next Top Model is on. I feel no loss at not having a TV - in fact, I always thought I got a lot done in the past, but I get a lot more done now, especially in the evenings. Instead of watching Seinfeild reruns I've been painting while listening to Fresh Air on NPR. I've always been a big reader, but now I'll lie down to read around 10:00 when before I would have flipped around to catch local (useless, depressing) news. I sometimes check TV listings on-line so I know what to look for on the computer, but otherwise I don't make an effort to keep up.

Tsar, check out PBS's In The Foot Steps of Marco Polo and on Lifetime there's a decent vampire series called Blood Ties. I also watch CBS Survivor on Friday mornings so I can join the thread here. We also just ordered the first part of Mad Men from from Netflix. For about $10 a month I find Netflix to be totally worth it.