Shirley Temple Black's Facts

fealola

Reply Sat 18 Oct, 2003 09:41 am
While posting on the success thread about Brooke Shield I thought of another Tennis Wife who belongs here: Oscar Winner: Tatum O'Neal..... she had a sad, sick childhood.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sat 18 Oct, 2003 09:45 am
Ah, fealola. I'm trying to remember Paper Moon. Wasn't that her first movie? I must look up her bio now.

Later folks
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Sat 18 Oct, 2003 09:51 am
That was her first. Won best actress Oscar for it and was amazing.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sat 18 Oct, 2003 09:59 am
fealola, I just looked at Tatum's bio. My Gawd. I have never seen such poor writing skills on a web site. Shocked Yes, she did have a tough childhood. Jodie Foster went on to do quite well, however.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 18 Oct, 2003 10:23 pm
I wonder about Baby Leroy, who appeared with W C Fields?
0 Replies

Raggedyaggie

Reply Sat 18 Oct, 2003 10:43 pm
Edgar - Some sources say Baby LeRoy was 6, some say a few years older than that, when he retired. He joined the Merchant Marines later, but that's the last info on him.

Now, I'm curious about Dennis the Menace.I think I have some info on him in my library. I'll check later.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2003 06:57 am
Hey Raggedy. I guess I can ask this here. Did you understand the theme of Novel expressions in the NYT's puzzle? I worked it all, but didn't get how it tied in.
0 Replies

Raggedyaggie

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2003 07:56 am
Letty: I'm glad that you asked Very Happy because I've been trying to find a link on the net that credits the expressions in the puzzle to the novel Don Quixote ,and have had no luck. No. 47 of the puzzle is: Classic saga from which the expressions, and it lists 7 of the question numbers in the puzzle, originated. The answer to No. 47 is Don Quixote. I've found some of the expressions here http://www.bootlegbooks.com/Reference/PhraseAndFable/Default.htm
but no reference to Don Quixote.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2003 08:03 am
Well, good grief, Raggedy. That's the most far fetched puzzle that I have ever worked. Shocked Thanks for the link, however. I saved it to favorites. Cool
0 Replies