Which bike is better Karizma ZMR or Yamaha R15?

Reply Sat 24 Oct, 2009 01:32 am
Hello... I want 2 buy a new bike bt its 2 confusing as dere r lots of options... Can u plz advice me 4 which bike should i go 4??? Karizma R, Karizma ZMR or Yamaha R15??? I need a cool and stylish bike which can match my reputation and standard. I thnk i should go 4 Karizma ZMR as it hs a new technology and a stylish bike... Bt i need suggestions 4m ur side as it involes a huge investment...plz suggest me... Thnk u...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 12,493 • Replies: 6
No top replies

shonajaan

Reply Tue 29 Dec, 2009 07:43 am
if u wAnna bike for racing u must go to r15, bt karizma is karizma and obviously it has resale value too....with 223 cc u get too much power and the torque difference is too small to compare.....
r15 is best 4 racing and has no catch bt karizma is a old wine in a new bottle..
0 Replies

faizytreat

Reply Thu 9 Jun, 2011 12:17 am
@Rajat Sareen,
u shud buy r15 bcoz it is very good in performance and even handling
Let me put an end to the battle at the start itself. The best bike between ZMR and R15 is R15. But wait… given a choice to BUY a bike I would buy the ZMR. So where does the ZMR score better? Read on.

Looks

Both bikes are good lookers. But R15 is a class apart. It is a bike designed at one shot compared to the ZMR which evolved from the classic Karizma. Hence the R15 looks purposeful whereas ZMR is fanciful. R-Series styling is spot on. The Delta-box chassis suits a fully faired bike and mono-shock rear adds more juice. Relatively, the ZMR looks more fancy – a sort of hayabusiness with larger proportions. So the ZMR has better street presence whereas the R15 is extremely smart. Comparing pictures of ZMR and R15 side by side, the R15 wins hands down. But compare them on road, the ZMR’s larger proportions does make you look good enough. But, both bikes don’t have a graceful butt though Wink

Engine

Here comes the biggest difference. A tuned 150cc Vs relaxed 223cc. Both the bikes have extremely refined engines, deliver great power and are fuel injected. However the greatest difference is how they deliver power. The difference is visible in the specs:

R15: 17bhp@8500rpm, 15Nm@7500rpm

ZMR: 17.6bhp@7000rpm, 18.7Nm@6000rpm

The ZMR is around 20kg heavier so the higher torque and power are offset, but the difference is the 1500rpm difference between the two engines. In real world this makes a lot of a difference for the normal biker. In the R15 you have to wrung out pace like a racer, whereas the ZMR is a lot sedate in its power spread. So for the discerning rider, the ZMR will feel a lot faster. A proper biker would like the R15 as this is how sports bike behaves. You need to hold bikes like R15 in the power band. In contrast the ZMR is designed as a tourer for Indian conditions – Its heavy, extremely reliable, looks big and has power at lower revs. If you look closely why bullets are preferred for touring, you’ll see that power and torque peaks for a bullet as low as 2000-3000 rpm. Power at lower rpm has several advantages – a more relaxed engine, and a better drivability.

Handling

R15 wins hands down on a track. Delta box and a link type monocross suspension is way ahead compared to the ZMR. One can never catch R15 on a racing track. But on city roads the ZMR is as good as the R15.

Fuel Efficiency

Both bikes are equally good. The R15 might deliver slightly better mileage with careful driving.

Verdict

Overall the R15 is a great bike and boasts best in class technology. It looks amazing as well. The ZMR on the other hand is an evolution. ZMR appends fuel injection, disc brakes and better styling to the Karizma. At the start of the blog I had mentioned I would buy a ZMR over the R15 mainly due to the way the bike delivers power at lower revs. Personally I don’t prefer to screw the engine hard to extract performance as I wont be using the bike on track. Also, when touring a 223cc bike delivering roughly the same power, better torque and more heavy weight than a 150cc is better suited. Also within city, the ZMR has better performance and good street presence. So technically the R15 is a better bike, but if you prefer power delivery as per my taste, the ZMR is the one.

BT OVERALL BUY R15
Sara Chang

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2012 10:53 am
@faizytreat,
Hey friends

As my knowledge Karisma ZMR is the best motor cycle than Yamaha R15. Its mileage is too good than Yamaha. Its design is really attractive.

Thanks a lot
Sara Chang
AnthonyMartello

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2012 03:14 am
@Rajat Sareen,
Hello Community,

Both bikes are good lookers. But Yamaha R15 is a class apart. It is a bike designed at one shot compared to the ZMR which evolved from the classic Karizma. Hence, the Yamaha R15 looks purposeful whereas ZMR is fanciful. R-Series styling is spot on. The Delta-box chassis suits a fully faired bike and mono-shock rear adds more juice. Relatively, the ZMR looks more fancy - a sort of haya business with larger proportions. So the ZMR has better street presence whereas the Yamaha R15 is extremely smart. Comparing pictures of ZMR and R15 side by side, the Yamaha R15 wins hands down. Overall the Yamaha R15 is a great bike and boasts best in class technology. It looks amazing as well. Yamaha R15 is nearly 20 kgs lighter than the ZMR that makes this the fastest and easy to handle bike. As lightest the bike it's easily flick-able in the traffic and in track situations. The Yamaha R15 is proven the best handling bike in India with the DeltaBox frame that reminds one of the track days as soon as they start riding it.

Best Regards,
Anthony Martello
0 Replies

Tim Boon

Reply Sun 6 Jan, 2013 07:52 pm
@Rajat Sareen,
Hello,
Even though at the first glance Karizma seems to overpower the R15 in terms of displacement, the 150cc engine of R15 cannot be downgraded in terms of engine size alone. With a host of special features like liquid cooling, DIASIL cylinder and six speed transmission Yamaha R15 simply rocks.

Thanks a lot!
Tim Boon
0 Replies

sonuthemighty

Reply Sun 30 Jun, 2013 04:54 am
@Sara Chang,
what do you think about mileage?
0 Replies