I came into work today half dressed (without realizing it)

Linkat

Reply Tue 20 Oct, 2009 09:57 am
I've totally lost it. This morning as I came into the office, I opened my coat and realized with horror that I hadn't buttoned my shirt completely. I had my first two buttons buttoned and then they rest was open leaving my naked skin exposed to the world. Fortunately not too many people were around and I was able to quickly button up.

How did it happen - well this morning as I was getting ready, I started putting on my shirt and then realized - my gosh! I didn't get the kids' lunches, there'll be late to school. So part way through buttoning, I rushed out and made the lunches and sent the kids on their way. I finished putting my shoes and coat on and left as well - completely forgetting I hadn't finished getting dressed.

Am I getting old or am I having a blond moment?

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 20 Oct, 2009 10:09 am
@Linkat,

nope, you're fine.
when you totally lose it, you'll forget the shirt entirely... Smile
DrewDad

Reply Tue 20 Oct, 2009 10:10 am
@Linkat,
That's more like 9 2/3 dressed.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Tue 20 Oct, 2009 10:17 am
I wouldn't care about being half dressed. What I have done (one too many)
occasionally is forgotten the office keys to my desk and drawers and had to
return home (20 miles one way) to get them Evil or Very Mad

FreeDuck

Reply Tue 20 Oct, 2009 10:22 am
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:

I've totally lost it. This morning as I came into the office, I opened my coat and realized with horror that I hadn't buttoned my shirt completely. I had my first two buttons buttoned and then they rest was open leaving my naked skin exposed to the world. Fortunately not too many people were around and I was able to quickly button up.

How did it happen - well this morning as I was getting ready, I started putting on my shirt and then realized - my gosh! I didn't get the kids' lunches, there'll be late to school. So part way through buttoning, I rushed out and made the lunches and sent the kids on their way. I finished putting my shoes and coat on and left as well - completely forgetting I hadn't finished getting dressed.

Am I getting old or am I having a blond moment?

I once showed up for work in my house shoes. It happens, and sometimes it's amusing for your coworkers.
FreeDuck

Reply Tue 20 Oct, 2009 10:22 am
@Region Philbis,
Or the pants.
Linkat

Reply Tue 20 Oct, 2009 10:33 am
@CalamityJane,
I have a solution for that - I keep one key in my purse and one hidden in my pencil/pen caddy on my desk. That only works of course if you do not need a key for the door of the office, but only for the desk.
Linkat

Reply Tue 20 Oct, 2009 10:34 am
@FreeDuck,
I once had on a blue and black shoe - (same style, I loved them and they were a good price so I bought one of each color).
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 20 Oct, 2009 10:34 am
@FreeDuck,

i had a senior moment in the office today.
i thought my co-worker, who sits around the corner from me, was in today.
we've been trading e-mail all morning.

well, i just went over to his desk... he's working from home today!

Embarrassed
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Tue 20 Oct, 2009 10:38 am
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:

I have a solution for that - I keep one key in my purse and one hidden in my pencil/pen caddy on my desk. That only works of course if you do not need a key for the door of the office, but only for the desk.

I really should do that, have the desk keys hidden somewhere just in case (the front door is open), but then I probably will forget where I had placed them,
as I do with many things I don't use on a regular basis.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 20 Oct, 2009 10:45 am
@FreeDuck,
FreeDuck wrote:

Or the pants.

I had a colleague who did that. Massively pregnant, had a big shedding dog at her house. She kept her dress slacks in a type of anteroom between the front door and the living room, so they wouldn't get dog hair on them. She apparently rushed into the anteroom one morning, put on her winter coat, got into her car and started driving to work. Called us from the underground parking garage. As she swung her legs around to get out of the car, she realized her legs were bare (she couldn't see past her babybelly in the car). Someone went and bought her some mat pants in the PATH (underground maze here) - met her in the parking garage.
Linkat

Reply Tue 20 Oct, 2009 10:48 am
@ehBeth,
Thank you - at least I didn't forget to put something on - just didn't complete the dressing part of it.
0 Replies

George

Reply Tue 20 Oct, 2009 11:40 am
Hey, I once went to the wrong workplace.

I'd recently changed jobs and one morning, about two weeks into the new job,
drove to the wrong office. I only realized it as I was pulling into the parking lot.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Tue 20 Oct, 2009 12:21 pm
@Linkat,
I was in the super market the other day. I hadn't washed clothes so I fished out a pair of old white slack with an elastic waist band. As I was pushing the buggy around and trying to find coffee, I felt something strange. The damn slacks were slipping down and I finished the remainder of my grocery shopping with one hand.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 20 Oct, 2009 12:40 pm
I'm not good early in the morning. Once, in front of an entire group of people, I poured a large cup of coffee into a cup that wasn't there. I hadn't even gotten one out of the cupboard.
Linkat

Reply Tue 20 Oct, 2009 12:52 pm
@Eva,
Yeah - but I had been already up for over 2 hours - I worked out this morning so I should have been awake.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Tue 20 Oct, 2009 01:12 pm
I've gotten up in a panic and driven to work only to find out it was my dayoff. We all have those moments. lol
0 Replies