The "I don't know what I forgot"thread

Linkat

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2014 09:25 am
You know the feeling ... you are leaving the house and you know you forgot something, but don't know what it is. Then later when it is too late - you remember what you forgot.

Whether a senior moment, a blond moment, or just a plain old dumb moment, you can add what you forgot today below.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 8 • Views: 2,184 • Replies: 15
No top replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2014 09:26 am
@Linkat,
I forgot my shoes

(I wore my snow boots upon leaving for work and forgot to bring my shoes to change into).
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2014 09:33 am
Yesterday I forgot to pick up a packet of grated cheese while shopping, so today i've got nothing to put in my toasted sandwiches except butter, and they're pretty tasteless (sniffle)
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2014 10:19 am
@Linkat,
Quote:
forgot my shoes
casual friday?
yeahhhhh, that's the ticket...

this sign is on our front door: ..TAKE LUNCH!
i hardly ever forget to take it since i put up the sign...
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2014 01:15 pm
@Linkat,
Link at 83 I most wholeheartedly concur. One technique I use is to form several squares at different locs in my mind's eye. For instance at the upper left I see myself holding onto a large object with one hand and with the use of a chisel or similar object, hammering on it with the other in an apparent effort to dislodge its appendage

Don't have the slightest inkling what it means
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sat 11 Jan, 2014 12:50 am
@Linkat,
Why, just the other day I forgot . . .
forgot . . .
er . .
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 11 Jan, 2014 01:13 am
I first noticed trouble with latin plant names, which have long riffled filimentously happily through my brain. It's reasonable that I'd lose them since I don't design with plants anymore, but also scary. I can usually can grab them back if I breathe and wait a bit.

This has progressed to authors, same thing, just wait a bit. I'm still waiting to remember Tom something, the guy with the white suits who wrote about some asshole who had a car or whatever breakdown in the wrong part of New York City, Bonfire of the Vanities.

On the other hand, a lot of my memory is good. But I can now imagine the windows closing.

0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 22 Jan, 2014 11:18 am
So we got a lot of snow last night - we are in the area the highest impact 18 inches or so and it is bitter cold. So we go out -- hubby to snow blow out the drive-way (yes we got the snowblower)...and I shoveling off the stairs/porch. I bundle up with layers as with wind chill it is below zero. I am out shoveling when I look down --- I have my slippers on -- forgot my snow boots.

Now granted these are really nice warm slippers with sheep wool on the inside and the kind with a rubbery bottom so you can wear outside --- but really in the snow in freezing temperatures.
neologist

Reply Wed 22 Jan, 2014 11:49 am
@Linkat,
Its a good thing your feet are attached.

They are attached, right?
informateur

Reply Wed 22 Jan, 2014 12:35 pm
@Linkat,
Quote:
You know the feeling ... you are leaving the house and you know you forgot something, but don't know what it is. Then later when it is too late - you remember what you forgot.

Whether a senior moment, a blond moment, or just a plain old dumb moment, you can add what you forgot today below.

The feeling(s) can be due to stress. The amount of stress one endures on a daily basis. The following plays it's parts.. depression, excitement, overwhelming, overwhelmed, etc.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Wed 22 Jan, 2014 01:24 pm
Developing "Mindfulness" is popular lately.

Sometimes I drive somewhere and totally forget what happened on the way there. I could not tell you what the road looked like or what cars, houses of people I saw. I am too focused on the end result. God - I would make a terrible witness.

I am trying to slow down, not multi-task, and enjoy the present moment but really not having much success to it all.

roger

Reply Wed 22 Jan, 2014 02:03 pm
@PUNKEY,
I used to do that a lot, but haven't done much drinking in the past 30 years or so.
informateur

Reply Wed 22 Jan, 2014 02:19 pm
@roger,
Quote:
I used to do that a lot, but haven't done much drinking in the past 30 years or so.

I'm not sure this is the right time to be humorous.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 22 Jan, 2014 03:40 pm
@neologist,
yeah and the funny thing they were warm and comfty - gotta love LL Bean
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 22 Jan, 2014 03:41 pm
@PUNKEY,
Have you ever been driving and then completely forget where you are going?

I do that --- sometimes.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 24 Feb, 2014 08:42 am
Not exactly forgetting something - but kind of fits - for background: we are getting some furniture delivered. We had confirmed the date and they were supposed to call us with the two hour window. Well we got an email with the two hour window (which is fine).

I get a call from an 866 area code and did not pick up assuming it is a telemarker. I notice there is then a message afterwards. I pick up to get the message call our code, etc. as the message is playing it says if this two time frame is good for you (or something similar) say yes. So I say yes. Then the recording says, I do not understand you...then repeats... I again say yes loudly and as clearly as I can. The message again says I cannot understand you -- and so on.

My husband is listening in and saying what is the problem as I continue to loudly say YES. Then light dawns as I realize I am listening to a message on my answering machine.
0 Replies