Scary movies you'd let your little kids watch

Linkat

Reply Mon 19 Oct, 2009 10:45 am
@boomerang,
Now my daughters are wimps - but they both liked some movie that is playing almost everynight now called Halloweentown - that is just a tad scary. The others they like that are a bit scary (but not the newest ones) is Harry Potter. The others that I can think of are the Nardia series.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Tue 20 Oct, 2009 10:57 am
Thank you all for the great suggestions!

We've seen a few of these (Edward Scissorhands!) and really enjoyed them. I'm watching for the others to show up on TV or On Demand so I can record them.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Tue 20 Oct, 2009 11:06 am
@boomerang,
Have you considered any horror films that weren't made in the past decade? Get a film that was made before the 1970s and you can be pretty sure that it won't contain a whole lot of gore or bad language. I know some of the young folk have no patience for black-and-white movies, but if your wee one is of a superior sort then maybe you could expose him to The Bride of Frankenstein or the original King Kong. Who knows, he might even appreciate the fact that they're very good movies.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Wed 12 Sep, 2018 09:47 am
Almost ten years later, I wonder how precocious kids are in the horror movie department these days.
roger

Reply Wed 12 Sep, 2018 12:11 pm
@tsarstepan,
Almost ten years later, I wonder about Boomerang. Maybe she don't like us anymore.
0 Replies