Reply Thu 15 Oct, 2009 04:18 pm
Conservative talk show host Rush Limbaugh on Thursday blamed the NFL players' union among numerous others for blocking his attempt to secure partial ownership of the St. Louis Rams.

"The players association is using my involvement with the Rams and this whole episode as a bit of leverage in their negotiations, their upcoming negotiations, with the league and with the owners on a new collective bargaining agreement," Limbaugh said. "That is what is really going on."

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 15 Oct, 2009 04:29 pm
I would have had to give up watching any games, if that &%)% owned a team.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 15 Oct, 2009 04:30 pm
@dyslexia,
dyslexia wrote:

Conservative talk show host Rush Limbaugh on Thursday blamed the NFL players' union among numerous others for blocking his attempt to secure partial ownership of the St. Louis Rams.

"The players association is using my involvement with the Rams and this whole episode as a bit of leverage in their negotiations, their upcoming negotiations, with the league and with the owners on a new collective bargaining agreement," Limbaugh said. "That is what is really going on."

And here I thought, what was really was going on, is the farmer reaping exactly that which he has sowed.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Thu 15 Oct, 2009 04:46 pm
I didn't hear how Mr Limbaugh is attempting to link the Players Union's contentious debate with the owners over a new contract involves him.
I do know that there was enough opposition to him - privately - from owners, who tend to be old, white, rich conservative guys, that the commissioner said Mr Limbaugh would have trouble getting the votes into the club.
The owner of the Indy Colts (Irsay?) was the only one to oppose it publicly.
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Thu 15 Oct, 2009 05:40 pm
He'd have done better going for the Chiefs (at least their fans) says this Missourian.

T
K
O
0 Replies