Why should we get married?

Reply Thu 8 Oct, 2009 02:06 am
In China, when people come to the marriage age, parents will push you to get a girlfriend or boyfriend. They concern about the house, money, career and lots of things. It is very complicated. Sometimes, I am a little confused. Why should me get married? Why should we get a birth to a baby even we could not offer the best life for babies? Does anyone care about those things?
Being single is very easy and less problems. Is it a signal from our DNA to request us get married and multiply descendants in order to keep the population?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 3,024 • Replies: 8
No top replies

msolga

Reply Thu 8 Oct, 2009 02:20 am
@Rachel Muse,
Hello Rachel, & welcome to A2K. Smile

I wouldn't dream of advising anyone whether to marry or not. It's a very personal decision.
As to having children: Well that's a very serious consideration, a big commitment (as you already know).
What is considered a good age to marry in China?
And how old are you?
Are you experiencing pressure from your parents to marry soon?
Rachel Muse

Reply Thu 8 Oct, 2009 03:09 am
@msolga,
Hi, Msolga. Thank you for your reply. In China, marriage ages are 25 years old for girls and 27 years old for boys. Haha, I am near to this age. My parents are ok for this. They rarely ask me to get married. I am confuesd because it is a traditional problem in China.
msolga

Reply Thu 8 Oct, 2009 03:18 am
@Rachel Muse,
Ah, so it will be just your decision, Rachel?
That's good. Things could be a lot more upsetting for you if your parents were applying pressure!
Do your friends feel confused (like you) about whether to marry or not?
What sorts of things do you think you might like to do if you don't marry? Any ideas? Any special dreams or plans?
Rachel Muse

Reply Thu 8 Oct, 2009 08:22 pm
@msolga,
At present, I am not prepared to get married. For marriage is not only need love, a lot of other things will appare in it. I would like to continue my life with freedom. Some of my friends are confused. We usually talk the topic" Getting married or not? It is a question!". And there are more brave people, my friends, enter the marriage life very early. It depends on our own decision. Actually, I would like to being single. ahaha......
ebrown p

Reply Thu 8 Oct, 2009 08:28 pm
@Rachel Muse,
Making babies and being married are two separate issues.
Rachel Muse

Reply Fri 9 Oct, 2009 12:15 am
@ebrown p,
Thanks for your concern, Ebrown. However, if you get married, the next problem will be babies. They are different but connected very closely.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 9 Oct, 2009 01:39 am
@Rachel Muse,
Quote:
Actually, I would like to being single. ahaha......

Well, that's certainly a valid choice, Rachel. Plenty of women have made that choice.

Do you think remaining single would make your life more "difficult", than if you married?
Rachel Muse

Reply Fri 9 Oct, 2009 10:42 pm
@msolga,
It depends on things. At present, single life is much easier than dating with somebody. My friends always say that I am satisfied with my single life just because I have not met someone whom I may fall in love with. I don't know if they are telling the truth. But I can work and earn my life by myself. I can call friend when I need to talk to somebody.
Now we have another question. If all of your best friends are getting married, and they are talking about their husband and babies and family problems they found, do you think you still have the passion to being single?
0 Replies