13 yr old girl i need to lose some weight

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sat 3 Oct, 2009 09:20 pm
@emo245,
emo245 wrote:

do u have and adive to kepting suside plzz
Yes, in fact, I do! Rob a bank instead! A whole bunch of money would probably cheer you up... and if you fail, you can always off yourself later.
emo245

Reply Sat 3 Oct, 2009 09:27 pm
@OCCOM BILL,
nooo u dont get it
OCCOM BILL

Reply Sat 3 Oct, 2009 11:01 pm
@emo245,
emo245 wrote:
nooo u dont get it
If you have a legitimate complaint; start by talking to a guidance counselor at school. If that does you no good, contact an abuse hotline and ask them how you would go about getting assistance to fill out paperwork to request that the court appoint a "guardian ad litem", which is a professional (usually an attorney) who would be charged with investigating your situation and reporting his findings to a Judge. There are ways to get help, if you have a legitimate need for it.

If it is simply some friendly advice, people to talk to, a place to vent, etc., all of that can be done right here on A2K. You'll find many, many empathetic and compassionate people here... but you'll get a much warmer response if you go to the trouble of trying to make your posts more legible.
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
chai2

Reply Sun 4 Oct, 2009 07:43 am
@OCCOM BILL,
OCCOM BILL wrote:

emo245 wrote:

Yes, in fact, I do! Rob a bank instead! A whole bunch of money would probably cheer you up... and if you fail, you can always off yourself later.

oh yeah bill, nice.

telling a 13 year old to off herself if she doesn't cheer up by robbing a bank.

Now, where in the world have I heard a tirade about posters saying horrible things to young teens/children?

Is it your expert opinion this is not a 13 year old, so that makes it okay? What if other 13 year olds are reading this forum, and read your message?

You're a grown man bill, why would you speak to a person who is so young, and having problems in apparantly so many ways? I certainly hope some young person with real problems doesn't read your advice, and take you seriously.

What a ******* hypocrite you are.
jespah

Reply Sun 4 Oct, 2009 09:46 am
@maybebaby101,
maybebaby101 wrote:
okay here's my problem; just weighed myself with a heavy sweatshirt and jeans the scale read 163.

Next time, weigh yourself without the sweatshirt and jeans, if you can (e. g. if it's a public scale, you can at least take off the sweatshirt. You want to get as accurate a reading as possible. Plus, you don't say how tall you are. If you were 5'9", for example, 163 would be normal weight. See: http://www.nhlbisupport.com/bmi/

Quote:
im on a soccer team and we practice twice a week for 2 hrs and 1 game a week for about an hour and a half. i have gym at school every other day for 45 mins. on average i run 3 to 5 miles a week in the fall and in the winter about 2 to 4 but participate in other sports such as skiing and basketball.

These are all excellent, but you might want to add some weight training. It can (and should start off this way) be small. Ask your gym teacher about it as s/he can give you better, more personalized than we can. Also, talk to your doctor and just clear it with him or her. It's probably perfectly fine but you really should at least mention it.

Quote:
i eat fairly healthy. for breakfeast normally i eat a piece of fruit and coffee or juice.

Eat more for breakfast (oatmeal or a non-sugary cereal is good, an omelet if you can get it). It will help to fuel you for the day.

Quote:
on the weekend waffles or pancakes.

That's generally rather sugary fare, particularly if you add syrup. Again, try an omelet instead, or at least alternate a bit. You probably should mix up the eating a bit.

Quote:
since my school serves lunch so early i eat a sanwich wit no cheese or mayo around 3 o'clock.

Try to mix this up, too. Maybe low fat or nonfat yogurt and fruit could work. If it's right after working out, make it more protein-based. Maybe a turkey burger or grilled chicken breast.

Quote:
and for dinner salad.

I don't think you're eating enough calories. Seriously. You also seem to be more tipped toward carbs. They are good for energy but I believe you need more protein. Turkey or skinless chicken are good choices. So is fish or shellfish. Tofu is good, too. Ham and pork can be okay but watch the salt. There's nothing wrong with beef but watch the portions.

Quote:
in other words no matter how hard i work i cant loose enough wait. although ive lost about ten lbs in 3 months i cant seem to look like every other girl in my school who eats all the junk food they want and still weigh 90lbs. HELP!

Well, losing 10 lbs. in 3 month is not bad. It's a good accomplishment! Smile

And, well, you're not going to look like other girls. And they won't look like you. Some of this has to do with height and genetics, but it's also because of puberty. Some girls go through it earlier than others, so their proportions are different. By age 16 or so, everyone more or less has gone through puberty or has at least started it, but I know, that's a long time from now.

In the meantime - sports are good! You're doing a great job! And you're aware, which is fantastic.

And I'd suggest, trying to do some strength training and also eating more protein. Talk to your doctor, and your gym teacher, as they will have suggestions, too.

And be strong. 13 is a difficult year for everyone, even for the girls who you believe are completely together. Here's a secret: they're not.
jespah

Reply Sun 4 Oct, 2009 10:16 am
@jespah,
Oops, I didn't realize you had mentioned your height (5'4"). So yes, 163 is a bit high. But you may very well still be growing.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sun 4 Oct, 2009 11:38 am
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:

OCCOM BILL wrote:

emo245 wrote:

oh yeah bill, nice.

telling a 13 year old to off herself if she doesn't cheer up by robbing a bank.
Rolling Eyes Spare me your phony poutrage. I told her to do no such thing. I merely pointed out that adding a step wouldn't prevent her from doing it. If a suicidal 13 year old actually had the reading comprehension issues you're feigning, and was crazy enough to follow metaphoric advice to the letter... stepping back from the ledge to plan a bank robbery would still be MUCH better than jumping.

(Your pathetic search for a gotcha moment has failed again.)
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sun 4 Oct, 2009 02:29 pm
bill, I don't give a **** about this girl, if she is one. Never said I did.

You, with no indication beforehand that you were just pointing something out, just threw the suggestion of suicide right out there, right after her post asking for advice about suicide.

Like a 13 year old would probably understand your use of irony.

you're a hypocrite, a creep, and a closet perv.

twist it all you want to make it sound nice bill. At least it didn't sound like you were jerking off to this particular girls problem.

oh, and in response to whatever you're going to say next....**** you, you holier than thou letch. Go find a broken winged dove one day over 18 to protect and play with yourself over.

djjd62

Reply Sun 4 Oct, 2009 02:32 pm
@chai2,
Shocked

<pulls up a seat>
chai2

Reply Sun 4 Oct, 2009 02:33 pm
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:

Shocked

<pulls up a seat>

nah....I just put that pud puller on ignore

move along, nothing to see here
djjd62

Reply Sun 4 Oct, 2009 02:34 pm
@chai2,
Sad
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sun 4 Oct, 2009 03:00 pm
@chai2,
Shocked Gawd you're an idiot. The quote is harmless to anyone who understands simple English. It also just happens to be advice passed down 2 generations in my family. Those not consumed by irrational hatred, will recognize it as both comedic, and potentially effective at providing a first alternative to someone on the edge. This is obvious enough for your average 13 year old, you miserable fool.
0 Replies

emo245

Reply Sun 4 Oct, 2009 05:39 pm
@OCCOM BILL,
i whant to die rite now i hate life why cant ppl let ppl die makes me alot more happeir to die then go threw with this **** inlife
gungasnake

Reply Sun 4 Oct, 2009 07:16 pm
@maybebaby101,
At 13 you could still get taller and xlate some of the pounds upwards. Injecting real HGH is almost certainly a bad idea but there are numerous products which increase your body's own production of the stuff and there's one good one called "Gaba" whch can be had inexpensively on ebay, e.g.

http://tinyurl.com/yb29rs2

That and hard exercise are likely your best shot. A girl who weighed 170 at 5-11 could be pretty enough for most purposes.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sun 4 Oct, 2009 07:31 pm
@emo245,
emo245 wrote:

i whant to die rite now i hate life why cant ppl let ppl die makes me alot more happeir to die then go threw with this **** inlife
I'm sorry you feel that way, Emo. I would again encourage you to seek help through either a guidance counselor at school, or a local abuse helpline.
0 Replies

GRILLzz

Reply Sun 4 Oct, 2009 08:17 pm
@emo245,
Um excuse me we Aint Talking bout you we are talking about loosing wieght you start your own post if you want to talk about your emo ****.......
ossobuco

Reply Sun 4 Oct, 2009 08:37 pm
@GRILLzz,
Thank you, GRILLzz. We've just undergone a bizarre interlude on a diet thread.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 4 Oct, 2009 08:46 pm
@emo245,
Please quit being a damn drama queen.. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

stran1ae

Reply Sun 4 Oct, 2009 11:57 pm
@maybebaby101,
Vary your daily caloric intake. When you eat roughly the same number of calories each day, whether it be a 5000 or 500, your body's metabolism stays relatively steady. When you vary your caloric intake for example: Monday-2500. Tuesday-1800, Wednesday 2800, Thursday 2000. Have certain days when you eat more interspersed with days when you eat less...this way your metabolism will be running at a higher set-point, thus using up some energy stores (fat and carbohydrates) on days when you eat less. Hope that helps!