FROM A VICTIM's PERSPECTIVE: IS IT BETTER TO BE HELPLESS?

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 26 Sep, 2009 06:25 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

My dealings with libertarians has been mixed.
I find that I can listen and be included within the scope of their
lamenst and then, without notice, the liberatarian seems just to leave the planet.
There r a lot of us. Thay hate me for my fonetic spelling.
We r disproportionately well represented in Mensa.
We r not always right about everything.

Is there any chance that u coud be mistaken ?
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 26 Sep, 2009 06:26 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Quote:
3 ) Correct me if I am rong, but u advocate USURPATION of power to reduce crime;
that government shoud overthrow the Constitution that constitutes it and take over America.
Given a choice: I 'll choose the criminals in preference to THAT.
Thats total squatfudge Dave, the Constitution IS SILENT on all the crap you say it contains. The second Amendment is quite simply written with no codicils and wheras's that extend its power to the extent taht it lives today. Its been years of SUPREME COURT definitions which have added the extra cushioning to underpin an entire industry.
THOSE things can be overturned. Perhaps not in our lifetimes but they must be overturned if we ever wish to become civilized.

I am a gun owner and user and I choose self protection because I dont trust the criminal who breaks into my house to be "kind" to me. I expect that hed wish to keep us silent and I operate with that in mind. BEWARE criminal, you will be shot.

HOWEVER, the uncontrolled expansion of the special rules that govern gun ownership and carry have gotten out of control and I have hope that , in a society someday, we will relinquish this gun crazy fixation .

Quote:
in a situation of predatory violence there is a contest of power
between the predators and their victims. WHO -- which side -- will preponderate ?
The pro-freedom side supports the victims and opposes discrimination as to who can legally defend his life,
whereas in contradistinction, the politically correct side desires those victims to be helpless so as not to harm
the disadvantaged minority groups that prey upon them.

Sadly that is true TODAY. However That doesnt mean we should just sit on our asses and not try to change society so that such expansion of these crazy laws is the only way to preserve peace and quiet. I choose to keep my lawmakers advised that Im not for an Oligarchy of gun manufacture and I want some reasonable control on gun ownership, purchase , and responsibility. We are too much under control by an entire industry that has no real ethical rudder and you are just another industry shill who creates arguments that are based upon some bleak inevitability of condition. I say that we are a civilization still evolving into our climax condition and the present gun laws will need to be tossed just like most of capitol punishment.

Lemme get back to u about this post, Farmer.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 26 Sep, 2009 06:26 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Nope, not a chance.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 26 Sep, 2009 06:27 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
fm has never been mistaken, he's been wrong a few times but never mistaken.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 26 Sep, 2009 11:54 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Quote:
3 ) Correct me if I am rong, but u advocate USURPATION of power to reduce crime;
that government shoud overthrow the Constitution that constitutes it and take over America.
Thats total squatfudge Dave, the Constitution IS SILENT on all the crap you say it contains. The second Amendment is quite simply written with no codicils and wheras's that extend its power to the extent taht it lives today. Its been years of SUPREME COURT definitions which have added the extra cushioning to underpin an entire industry.
THOSE things can be overturned. Perhaps not in our lifetimes but they must be overturned if we ever wish to become civilized.

I am a gun owner and user and I choose self protection because I dont trust the criminal who breaks into my house to be "kind" to me. I expect that hed wish to keep us silent and I operate with that in mind. BEWARE criminal, you will be shot.

HOWEVER, the uncontrolled expansion of the special rules that govern gun ownership and carry have gotten out of control and I have hope that , in a society someday, we will relinquish this gun crazy fixation .

Quote:
in a situation of predatory violence there is a contest of power
between the predators and their victims. WHO -- which side -- will preponderate ?
The pro-freedom side supports the victims and opposes discrimination as to who can legally defend his life,
whereas in contradistinction, the politically correct side desires those victims to be helpless so as not to harm
the disadvantaged minority groups that prey upon them.

Sadly that is true TODAY. However That doesnt mean we should just sit on our asses and not try to change society so that such expansion of these crazy laws is the only way to preserve peace and quiet. I choose to keep my lawmakers advised that Im not for an Oligarchy of gun manufacture and I want some reasonable control on gun ownership, purchase , and responsibility. We are too much under control by an entire industry that has no real ethical rudder and you are just another industry shill who creates arguments that are based upon some bleak inevitability of condition. I say that we are a civilization still evolving into our climax condition and the present gun laws will need to be tossed just like most of capitol punishment.

Farmer:
I had answered u at length,
almost 99% complete when a change in font to Roman
abruptly indicated that I had been cut off from this website
and my post was lost; a lot of time put in.

I don' t have the energy to do it again now.
I don 't know if I ever will; maybe.
I don 't know if its my own computer or what to blame.
DEMORALIZING.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 27 Sep, 2009 12:05 am

Like an idiot, I forgot:
all I had to do was hit control A
n I coud have saved all of the post before I logged back in and lost it.
farmerman

Reply Sun 27 Sep, 2009 05:24 am
@OmSigDAVID,
GHOSTS in the mainspring.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 27 Sep, 2009 07:33 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

GHOSTS in the mainspring.
The author 's head was haunted by STUPIDITY.
I was half asleep n tired.

fighting off a cold

0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 3 Oct, 2009 12:02 am
@OmSigDAVID,
OK, Farmer,
I 'm going to answer u again, seriatim,
in sections, like chapters, to ease the burden:

OmSigDAVID wrote:

farmerman wrote:

Quote:
Quote:
Thats total squatfudge Dave,
the Constitution IS SILENT on all the crap you say it contains.
The second Amendment is quite simply written with no codicils
and wheras's that extend its power to the extent taht it lives today.
To the extent that the Constitution is SILENT,
government has no authority.

The authority of government
comes only from grants thereof
that are overtly and affirmatively extended to government.

Let us take cognizance that domestic government authority
and individual liberty of the citizen are INVERSELY PROPORTIONAL.
Hence, to the extent that the Constitution is silent,
personal liberty is enhanced, at the expense of domestic government authority.

David
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Sat 3 Oct, 2009 05:50 am
Of course it is better to be armed.

I'm surprised that there haven't been any gun control advocates here to argue otherwise; since their actions and desires seem to clearly believe that it is better to be helpless.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 3 Oct, 2009 11:51 am
@maporsche,
maporsche wrote:

Quote:
Of course it is better to be armed.

In Colonial times, it was considered almost indecent to go around unarmed.

Quote:
I'm surprised that there haven't been any gun control advocates here to argue otherwise;
since their actions and desires seem to clearly believe that it is better to be helpless.
I wonder whether the suppressionists have resigned
themselves to the inevitable or not.

I have not seen much in the way of demonstrated confidence coming from the left.

0 Replies