Tutorial - How to post an image.

ossobuco

Reply Sun 27 Jul, 2003 04:02 pm
I am trying to post an image that I scanned and have now on little k's photosite, under a2k general; the title is The Actress Thomas Eakins.
I have removed the photo image from my own harddrive/desktop.

If I go to that thumbnail and click on it, I see the larger image there; I highlight the url in the address line above and put in on my IMac's Sticky Notes.

I open up Post Reply box in a topic on the art forum (The ten favorite paintings thread) and click on IMG; I add the url to that box.

I preview, and get a red x.

Cicerone has been trying to help me, and he got the image to post, but only in thumbnail size. What am I doing wrong?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 27 Jul, 2003 04:10 pm
I am trying to post an image that I scanned and have now on little k's photosite, under a2k general; the title is The Actress Thomas Eakins.
I have removed the photo image from my own harddrive/desktop.

If I go to that thumbnail and click on it, I see the larger image there; I highlight the url in the address line above and put in on my IMac's Sticky Notes.

In a topic on the art forum - http://able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9809&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=90 I open up the Post Reply box and click on IMG; I add the url to that box.

I preview, and get a red x.

Cicerone has been trying to help me, and he got the image to post, but only in thumbnail size. What am I doing wrong? Help, Please!
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sun 27 Jul, 2003 04:13 pm
You are trying to post the URL for the PAGE not the IMAGE. To get teh URL for the image there are instructions in the first post of this thread.

Get the URL for the image by right-clicking, selecting properties and copying the URL (for MSN groups it will be LONG).
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 27 Jul, 2003 04:30 pm
I can't right click, I have an IMac and only a plain old click.

Satt tried to tell me how to do this a few months back, but I don't quite understand it. He said to click on words...
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sun 27 Jul, 2003 04:35 pm
I think you can use a two button mouse with an IMac.

Try control + click. I am not sure if it will work.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sun 27 Jul, 2003 04:37 pm
Um, let me clarify. I KNOW control + click works for an extra set of options. I THINK you will be able to select "Get Info" afterward and get the image URL.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 27 Jul, 2003 04:38 pm
Thx, I'll play some more and be back. If the control click doesn't work, I'll review Satt's post harder.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 27 Jul, 2003 04:39 pm
OK. Back later.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sun 27 Jul, 2003 04:40 pm
Unfortunately, I know nothing at all about Macs. In the meantime, Osso, if you can post the url for the page, I'll get the info you need to be able to post the image.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sun 27 Jul, 2003 04:43 pm
You can also try clicking and holding down on the image and scrolling down. That should give you a few options.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sun 27 Jul, 2003 04:45 pm
BTW, the mac might not have the ability to get image properties by default but you can use a plug in that adds a contextual menu for Image Properties.

And that's about as much as I can help in terms of a Mac. I hate macs and never use them.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sun 27 Jul, 2003 04:58 pm
Hey, do you see a "Open Image in New Window" option?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 27 Jul, 2003 04:59 pm
I looooove my mac...

well, it turned out to be a cinch. Contol click led me to a choice of Open Image in a New Window When the image opened in the new window, there was the long string URL up in the address box, and there we go...

This was a useful lesson, thanks again.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sun 27 Jul, 2003 05:13 pm
Thanks, I learned as much as you did.
0 Replies

Asherman

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2003 10:04 am
Craven,

For the past several day's I've been trying to add photos of recent paintings to Raven's Realm without success. The problem is that I can't find the "add photo" button. I thought I might need to sign-in, but the system kept taking me to "Join". Of course, I'm already listed so that option doesn't scan. I finally this morning somehow stumbled on a sign-in page and did that but still couldn't find the stupid "add photo" linkage.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2003 10:13 am
pictures
bookmark Confused
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2003 10:18 am
Asherman,

On the right of this page you will see a link by each album to add photos. When viewing the album the link is located in the upper left.
0 Replies

Ruach

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2003 05:42 pm
Trying to post image.
http://http://www.grovestreet.com/thumbnails/85/252885.jpg
0 Replies

Ruach

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2003 05:46 pm
I copied the image correctly but what about opening it?
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2003 05:46 pm
Re: Trying to post image.
Ruach wrote:
http://http://www.grovestreet.com/thumbnails/85/252885.jpg

I disabled BB code to show you: you have two http://s in there.
0 Replies