how can an "all loving" God condemn me to hell?

skipdogs

Reply Thu 24 Sep, 2009 04:08 pm
@existential potential,
God does not condemn - people condemn themselves

when they go before God they reject and refuse Him - thus they condemn themselves

Edit [Moderator]: Link removed
0 Replies

Pemerson

Reply Thu 24 Sep, 2009 05:14 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
We can, i take it, consider you to be an expert on the subject 0f "god?" Why should we believe that?

Uh, sorry if I sounded such a big-head, especially since I don't really believe there is a "God" outside oneself. Guess we could condemn ourselves to a sorta hell, if we so choose.
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Sat 26 Sep, 2009 02:21 pm
Unless you yourself are all-loving, I dare say that you cannot fathom the concept of being all-loving.
Who knows, maybe hell will be good for you, or perhaps it is some compromise made in favor of someone else this all-loving entity decides needs in more than you.
It is impossible to love everything without everything's help. Wink
0 Replies

Philis

Reply Wed 30 Sep, 2009 12:56 am
@lmur,
Imur, he wants a relationship w/ U. Do U accept him for that? Trust me that is all he wants. Imagine this creator of you and all that the hubble telescope shows. This is all God but he puts U above all this. He loves U. If rejection comes from U then he will reject U. simply put but this messag is from one who knows.
Philis

Reply Wed 30 Sep, 2009 01:46 am
@Philis,
For the eyes of the Lord run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to show Himself strong on behalf of those whose heart is loyal to Him. 2 Chronicles 16:9

0 Replies

Francis

Reply Wed 30 Sep, 2009 03:02 am
Philis wrote:
If rejection comes from U then he will reject U

How come, from an all loving god?

Isn't him/she all forgiveness?
oolongteasup

Reply Wed 30 Sep, 2009 03:43 am
@Francis,
k i forgive you but you need to try harder
Francis

Reply Wed 30 Sep, 2009 06:02 am
@oolongteasup,
If it's hard and/or difficult, don't count on me...
0 Replies

Philis

Reply Thu 1 Oct, 2009 01:35 am
@Francis,
Francis, loving U but your freewill is what God wants for you and he gives it freely. How can a father force a son of his to do the right thing if the son rejects the fathers knowlede and wisdom
Francis

Reply Thu 1 Oct, 2009 03:00 am
@Philis,
What father and what knowledge and wisdom?

Is a jealous, murderer father wise?
Philis

Reply Sat 3 Oct, 2009 01:40 am
@Francis,
I reject your anger and frustration..over and out.Stay with topics you know francis.
Francis

Reply Sat 3 Oct, 2009 03:32 am
@Philis,
That's what I'm doing, just unlike you..
0 Replies

Sglass

Reply Sat 3 Oct, 2009 03:39 am
Unconditional love does not have a pricetag, and there are no tradeoffs.,
Francis

Reply Sat 3 Oct, 2009 03:53 am
@Sglass,
Sglass wrote:
Unconditional love

Now, that's my kind of topic! Mr. Green
0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Sat 3 Oct, 2009 11:42 pm
@Philis,
Philis,

I don't see anger from Francis - I see a person (yourself) who doesn't understand what it is he believes in...a person who wants it to be true, but runs from the contradictions.

Look at it this way - God could be the universe...creating this world and all in it...the symbiotic nature of the creation could be called love...the spiritual forces could be the word of God...and if they are, then the bible is just one movement of feeling from those forces, and not the be all and end all...

...in fact I would go so far as to say, if the bible isn't in line with Gods creation, then it is the bible that is wrong...for God put the proof in front of us to see. Many parts of the Bible don't match this earth. To say 'it's incomprehensible but it must be love' is to deceive what is built into our very heart and soul. For example - we know that ripping children to shreds for calling Elijah an old baldy is not love.

By the way, I only mildly believe in God, but don't much hold to the bible at all, except for certain valuable stories in it.
Philis

Reply Thu 8 Oct, 2009 03:02 am
@vikorr,
The topic is " can god condemn me to hell"
NOT
is the bible real is god real. Cool
djjd62

Reply Thu 8 Oct, 2009 05:39 am
@Philis,
true

but you have to decide if the god and the bible are real (no & yes, i mean i've seen bibles, so they're real, at least in a physical sense) before you can address the other question
BillRM

Reply Thu 8 Oct, 2009 06:32 am
@djjd62,
Thomas Paine compared the bible to a book concerning a demon more then a god that should be worship.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Thu 8 Oct, 2009 06:34 am
@djjd62,
As Thomas Piane said if the god of the bible exist it is more of the nature of a demon then a god that should be worship.
0 Replies

existential potential

Reply Thu 8 Oct, 2009 07:39 am
@djjd62,
the question assumes that God does exist. if an all loving God does exist, how can that God send people to hell, that would contradict his/her/its all loving nature.
0 Replies