LED Light for a Indie Film (obviously in HD Digital Video)

Muarck

Reply Wed 2 Sep, 2009 12:09 am
I'm looking into lighting my next Indie Film with LED lights. Anybody know anything about this including good/cheap sources of LED lights?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 3,357 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 2 Sep, 2009 07:56 am
@Muarck,
There's some rinky dinky cheap lighting out there for hand held video cameras but it is likely Chinese and the color temperature and intensity standard is going to be just as low as their Halogen and Halide, with arc lamps out-of-the-question.

Here's a manufacturer for professional units but it depends on what you call "cheap"

http://www.flolight.com/led-lighting.html

There is one review and the small battery requirement for the unit is a major plus for location shooting.
nicoleaustin

Reply Fri 8 Jan, 2010 07:53 am
@Lightwizard,
An LED consists of two elements of processed material called P-type semiconductors and N-type semiconductors. These two elements are placed in direct contact, forming a region called the P-N junction.So it save energy.

Edit [Moderator]: Link removed
Lightwizard

Reply Tue 12 Jan, 2010 07:25 am
@nicoleaustin,
No, not really? I worked directly with Dupont on developing a light source for fiber optic transmissions over twenty years ago, before the super-bright LED's and did come up with efficient light sources in sub-miniature halogen. The only problem, and it's always the problem is that super-bright LED life is drastically shortened. The TV displays which are using LED's as the backlighting have a shorter life than the standard florescent. Not to mention, they are uneven.
OLED is the future and SONY already has a product on the market, albeit a small display.

BTW -- read the TOS. You cannot SPAM this site. If you have a private message, use that feature.
jespah

Reply Tue 12 Jan, 2010 12:30 pm
@Lightwizard,
Lightwizard wrote:

BTW -- read the TOS. You cannot SPAM this site. If you have a private message, use that feature.

No. We do not want anyone spammed via PMs, either. If you spot spam, please do not confront the spammer, as responding votes up the topic.

Please just report spam. Nothing more. Anything else creates more work for the Mods.

I am not singling you out but we have seen this before, and it adds to our workload.

Thank you.
Lightwizard

Reply Tue 12 Jan, 2010 01:20 pm
@jespah,
I wasn't advocating he then SPAM me via PM but it wasn't very clear. I don't want links to ads for lighting products, etc., sent to my PM and I will report it.
0 Replies