What Westerns Do You Like?

Merry Andrew

Reply Sat 8 Nov, 2003 04:45 pm
Thanks for the info on Ty Hardin, Greyfan. I never was a particular fan of his, but now I know why.
0 Replies

Greyfan

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2003 08:36 pm
All of this nostalgia reminded me of a western I saw as a kid and remembered only because of the unusual premise -a one-armed gunfighter, who had lost his arm in the civil war. It was called Tate, and internet surfing has revealed it aired in 1960 and lasted only 13 episodes. It starred David McLean, who went on to become the Marlboro Man, and later an anti-smoking activist when he was diagnosed with lung cancer, which eventually killed him in 1995.

In its brief span, the show managed to employ some actors who would later attain much higher profiles: James Coburn, Robert Culp, Robert Redford (twice), and Leonard Nimoy.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2003 09:09 pm
I recall watching Tate. It was as good as a lot of them, but came in at the close of the era.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2003 09:59 pm
Broken Arrow
Maverick
Bonanza
Gunsmoke- Caught an old b/w episode the other night and realized the appeal. Marshall Dillon took no crap. If he had to kick somebody's ass then that's what he did. No wonder daddy loved that show.
The Rifleman
The High Chapparal
Little House on the Prairie
0 Replies