Hybrid cars use the commuter lane!

NickFun

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2009 06:36 pm
In many US states hybrid vehicles are allowed to use the commuter lane even when there are no passengers in the vehicle. Fact: Hybrids get better gas mileage in heavy stop and go traffic than they do on the highway. Question: To realize their efficiency shouldn't hybrids actually be banned from the commuter lane?

Please talk amongst yourselves.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 5 • Views: 2,271 • Replies: 8
No top replies

hawkeye10

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2009 06:51 pm
@NickFun,
The lanes you speak of are intended for the use of agents of the collective and is a perk given to those whom conform to the collectives will. It is the will of the collective that you buy a hybrid. If you do so you will get rewarded with the ability to use the special lanes. This is consistent with the mission of the diamond lanes.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2009 07:43 pm
@NickFun,
I've seen your interstates out there, Nick. One of them could have been described as a 45 mile long parking lot.
Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2009 09:58 pm
Not sure, however I feel a new law should immediately be put into place regarding anybody who drives a hybrid with a bumper sticker, makeshift sign stuck to a window, or vanity plate advertising their car's superior mpg: should be completely legal to beat the ever-living piss out of said self-righteous d-bags in public.

roger

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2009 10:57 pm
@Slappy Doo Hoo,
Unless he were standing beside the vehicle, soliciting a ride, while carrying a discharged battery.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Tue 1 Sep, 2009 11:22 am
@roger,
Roger you are probably referring to the 405 where hybrids get fantastic gas mileage and there is no commuter lane.
DrewDad

Reply Tue 1 Sep, 2009 11:26 am
@NickFun,
I assumed it was just a subtle way of rewarding the rich....
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Tue 1 Sep, 2009 12:41 pm
@NickFun,
NickFun wrote:

Roger you are probably referring to the 405 where hybrids get fantastic gas mileage and there is no commuter lane.

Yes there is a commuter lane on 405 - all the way from L.A. to San Clemente,
I have used it many times. No, hybrids should not use the commuter lane,
as they're way to slow and tie up traffic. They should use the train tracks!
NickFun

Reply Wed 2 Sep, 2009 11:43 am
@CalamityJane,
I haven't noticed it on the 405 in LA Calamity. I don't usually go further than the 101. Assuming there is a commuter lane it must get bogged down in the traffic.
0 Replies