Rainsoft system occasionally puts out salty water

BlaneR

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2009 01:39 pm
EC4 system only on rare occasions puts out salty water that foams when it comes out of the tap. Happened maybe four or five time. System is 5.5 years old.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,743 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Joethewaterguy

Reply Fri 4 Sep, 2009 12:49 pm
@BlaneR,
how long does it take to clear up running the cold water? could the power have gone off duirng the night that it was to regen? did someone run water when it was regening? flush in the middle of the night?
BlaneR

Reply Fri 4 Sep, 2009 01:59 pm
@Joethewaterguy,
A couple of minutes. I don't think that the power went out, not this time anyway. We were told that it was OK to run water while it was regenerating. Our system is supposed to have a bypass valve that allows us to.
Joethewaterguy

Reply Fri 4 Sep, 2009 04:10 pm
@BlaneR,
you can run water while it's regenerating, but if it's on "bypass mode" you're running hard water into your house. I think that if you hit it just right,you may also pull brine into the lines. My advice is not run water when it is regenerating, that's why they set it to go off in the middle of the night, usually. A dual tank/one head system , will allow water to be run all the time, at twice the cost.
BlaneR

Reply Mon 7 Sep, 2009 10:05 am
@Joethewaterguy,
I agree that on bypass mode, we're getting hard water. We knew that going in. I understand what you are saying about if we hit it just right.

Thanks!
0 Replies