Baby doesn't respond to name

Reply Sat 29 Aug, 2009 12:35 pm
My 10 months old baby, 8 months adjusted doesn't respond to her name but responds to any other sound and turns around to the direction of any sound except her own name. Is it normal?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 2,954 • Replies: 6
No top replies

sullyfish6

Reply Sat 29 Aug, 2009 01:13 pm
Yes, this is normal. Why do expect her to know her name?

Talk to your baby as much as possible. Say her name often. Sing to her.

Does she smile when she is talked to? does she respond when someone talks to her (perks up, follows your face, smiles)
farmerman

Reply Sat 29 Aug, 2009 01:54 pm
@sullyfish6,
MAybe your calling her by somebody elses name.
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Sat 29 Aug, 2009 02:20 pm
Onyemachukwu, you sure are asking a lot of questions about your baby! You seem rather anxious. 10 months is way too early for her to recognise her name. Do try to relax. Over anxiety is not good for a baby.
Onyemachukwu

Reply Sun 30 Aug, 2009 02:38 am
@contrex,
My dear she was a premie and you know as a first time mom, everything seems strange and i live alone with my husband. Unlike full-term babies, she exhibit some very funny things. Sorry i'm disturbing but i need people like you to be the mom i don't have. Don't be angry.
0 Replies

Onyemachukwu

Reply Sun 30 Aug, 2009 03:22 am
@sullyfish6,
Yes she smiles when i or anybody she knows talks to her. She smiles whenever she hears my voice even without seeing me. But she doesn't turn when her name is being called. She responds to any other sounds. She turns to the sound of music, she follows moving objects. And i can say she responds when i talk to her cause she'll want to repeat what i said just that she does that humming.
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Sun 30 Aug, 2009 04:02 am
I was 3 months premature, I weighed less than 2 kg, and all my childhood my mother was anxious about me. I understand very well the reasons for this, but I feel that she over protected me. That's all.
0 Replies