Multiplayer First-Person Shooter

Reply Sun 12 Oct, 2003 08:35 am
Hi.

Just wondering, does a game like this exisit?

1st person shooter. A multiplayer game, where 6-8 players create a team and must work together to complete missions.

Thanks.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 7,216 • Replies: 24
No top replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sun 12 Oct, 2003 08:39 am
Does a game like Unreal Tournament count? Because they have missions that can be played over a LAN or the internet with many people.

You can play on the net for free too, a bunch of people are running servers hosting Unreal games.
0 Replies

Robert2513

Reply Sun 12 Oct, 2003 04:40 pm
Thanks for the reply. I'll have to check out Unreal Tournament.

In the mean time, I found these two games on the internet that might be what I am looking for. And the best part is, they are completely FREE.

Here are the websites to them in case anyone is interested.

Wolfenstein Ememy Territory
http://games.activision.com/games/wolfenstein/

Hidden & Dangerous Deluxe
http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=13582

I am downloading them now (phew, three huge downloads. . . Unreal Tournament Demo and now these two) and as soon as I try them out, I'll report back here.

Thanks again.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sun 12 Oct, 2003 04:57 pm
Wolfenstein isn't half as good as Unreal. Unreal truly rocks. It's the only FPS that I ever liked.
0 Replies

Blackie Chan

Reply Sun 12 Oct, 2003 08:39 pm
Have u ever heard of Counter Strike? Counter Strike 1.6 just come out. I've gotta free up some space on my machine to install the game.
0 Replies

xy2k

Reply Tue 14 Oct, 2003 01:38 am
Have you tried MOHAA?

Wolfenstein is team-play based and also strategic. You have 4 types of people and have to co-operate to complete missions. It's probably your best bet.
0 Replies

Robert2513

Reply Wed 15 Oct, 2003 08:03 pm
Wow. So many games to check out. I have checked out a few, some of the free games and some demos. They all have great graphics. I do have one question for people who have Medal of Honor. What are the objective based games like in the multiplayer? They are disabled in the demo.

Thanks.
0 Replies

xy2k

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2003 01:46 am
The Omaha Beach map in Mohaa is by far the best. You have to blow up two cannons before time runs out and you can't win just by killing the other team's players because all players respawn. The size of this level is quite large so it's slightly difficult to defend cannons.

Then you have The Bridge which is more or less for snipers. Allies have to defend the bridge and the Axis have to plant bombs under the bridge. Theses are just two of the maps you can get.
0 Replies

shallowman62989

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2003 06:29 am
Halo
Halo is an awesome FPS that just came out on PC. I don't know how good the multiplayer is but the single player is the bomb.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2003 06:37 am
Hey, a new member. Welcome to A2K shallow dude.
0 Replies

shallowman62989

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2003 12:25 pm
Thanks
Thanks wilso. I am actually posting these from the school's computer. I have Comp. Programming and when we aren't doing anything I post. Razz
0 Replies

Chenrontom

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2003 12:30 pm
First Person...
Idea Obviously, the best first person shooter type game is Halo. Halo 2 is going to be much better to the better graphics and more levels. The same idea is applied to both games and more weapons and vehicles are available in Halo 2. The much waited game is available very very soon, we hope. When it does, bungie wll be making millions, if not billions, on game sales for the Xbox alone. When Halo and Halo 2 come out for PC, sales will be great as well. And Halo has many many levels, and sub levels.Shocked
0 Replies

Chenrontom

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2003 12:39 pm
Another game
Another game i just thought of is Quake, the original game for the PC. It is awesome!!
You can Also try Doom II, but I'm not sure if the other games in the DOOM series have multiplayer coops. I know that Final doom does, and it is f*ing hard!!!! I beat like the first 5 levels, but there is a room where there is a "rocket bull headed thing" and and sh*load of plasma spiders. I just had to do a hundred suicide runs w/ my older bro w/ our R.L.'s
And its too bad i can't find or get and coop codes. I would rock with IDDQD like in doom 2. I am also a new person on this site. I am Shallowman's friend in school and we have mostly the same classes together. Like him, i post now too, when our teacher isn't saying anything that regards me specifically or what we're doing.
0 Replies

shallowman62989

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2003 06:56 pm
Yeah I forgot about Quake. That is a good FPS also. Unreal Tournament rocks if you like playing games like Capture the Flag and Team Deathmatch.
0 Replies

Chenrontom

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2003 07:55 pm
nah
I don't like Unreal Tournament for the PC, anyhow. Graphics are choppy, colors are off, and viruses originate there. Overall the game sucks. Its like quake, but Quake is better. Everyone should rent halo and buy Deathrow, its only 20$.
0 Replies

shallowman62989

Reply Sun 2 Nov, 2003 07:02 pm
hahahaha, Deathrow isn't even an FPS. And in Deathrow, its the same thing over and over again. It's fun the first time, and then it should be dumped in the trash.
0 Replies

rufio

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2003 12:45 am
Counterstrike, UT (especially Assault) are like that, and so is Halo. If you're counting multi-player games that involve multiple players just bolwing each other's head off, than you can add it Duke Nukem and possibly later versions of Doom.

When UT first came out, my dad upgraded his computer just so he could play it, and we thought the graphics were great. Of course, this is after about 5 or so years of playing Duke Nukem.

I really like CTF on the Facing Worlds map. You can go sit in the tower and snipe while your teammates get the flag - if you get a guy (or girl) up there, you're pretty unstoppable. And then you get like 100s of frags.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2003 01:05 am
LOL. that was my favorite map and strategy. Go to the top of the tower and snipe 'em down. But it's possible to shoot snipers off the tower.
0 Replies

rufio

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2003 01:36 am
True, that. There's an art to hiding behind the poles when there's a sniper across the way. May the best sniper win. Smile

That strat doesn't work when you're playing with bots, though, because the bots can never get the flag. You can sit and snipe all you want, but you'll never score, because of those bots.

Edit: unfortunately Assault never works that way. The bots always end up winning it for me.
0 Replies

Exister -

Reply Thu 13 May, 2004 02:25 am
AAO
I don't know if someone's already posted this but you should play America's Army Operations. Go to www.americasarmy.com and through the dl section you will be directed to a server that offers dls. It's made by the American Army so it's free. If you have trouble or any questions feel free to ask.
0 Replies