NickFun

Reply Thu 17 Sep, 2009 12:16 pm
After my grandmother passed away we were cleaning out her house and I found an old Kodak camera with film in it. You could imagine my surprise to find the film was nearly 30 years old and still developed!
Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 17 Sep, 2009 12:30 pm
@NickFun,
I should think that you've developed it later, and not inside the camera Wink
panzade

Reply Thu 17 Sep, 2009 02:20 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
oh, that teutonic sense of humour Wink
Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 17 Sep, 2009 02:24 pm
@panzade,
Cameralistic.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Wed 6 Feb, 2013 12:26 pm
tap...tap...tap
I'm waiting shewolf
Ragman

Reply Wed 6 Feb, 2013 03:51 pm
@panzade,
She is on FB these days, though I may have seen a post or two in the last few weeks (end of January).
0 Replies

Pitter

Reply Wed 13 Mar, 2013 06:40 pm
@shewolfnm,
@Ragman. Thanks for that informative post.
0 Replies

Pitter

Reply Fri 22 Mar, 2013 07:30 pm
@shewolfnm,
I bought a Pentax MX around 1980. It was a "compact" size and allowed you to use both the standard split ring as well as an optional ground glass focusing screen which was good for close up work. Sadly I lost it to theft about a year ago.
0 Replies

DarkCrow

Reply Thu 13 Mar, 2014 11:20 pm
@shewolfnm,
I still use my minoltas. My SR1 and SRT101 are retired. I received them used when I was 13. I use my XK and 303b for BW film shoots now. (I put away my Nikon F5 to use my old minoltas) Rokkor lenses are superior. I put them against any Nikkor lens but for speed. The Rokkor 85mm f1.7 and 58mm f1.2 are as precious as the Nikkor Noct f1.2 (IMVHO). I do use Nikon D3s now for digital. But if minolta was making pro digital gear today, I would probably not use Nikon. The minolta XD11 is by far the best they ever made. Does anyone still use Fuji Velvia? Yummy colors. For Canon users, the original F1 was awesome. The A-1 and AE-1 were great too.
farmerman

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2014 04:49 am
@DarkCrow,
HA. I love my pack of old Minoltas. I loved their true "trueness"
Ill never sell my set (I have an old SRT101 mmy dad gave me for my 10th birthday and a 102, a bunch of Maxxums)

The lenses can still be used with adapters.
Ive since gone digital but miss the "care" I gave my shots back in the era of Fujifilm.
Now, all I do is bracket the hell out of myshots in RAW and do most of the work back on a computer.

DarkCrow

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2014 11:26 am
@farmerman,
Shoot RAW and RUN with it!! Love it. I used to burst bracket 3 at +/- 1/3, but now I just set it up to be -1/3 and I like the results. My meter is very good but I do love to run in Manual a lot. The down side of RAW is file size. With my12 mp D3s they aren't too bad, but a D800 or D3X they are almost unmanagable.

Did I read the ASA100 color film is about equal to a 40 - 45 mp sensor?
farmerman

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2014 12:09 pm
@DarkCrow,
yeh,
I now shoot a couple of Canons. My last is a 60D and I love the steady cam features of the lenses today cause I shoot an awful lot of birds and critters.
I have seen a newer smart phone that is mostly a camera with a phone option. Its a 40 Mp.

So, Tulsa eh? I used to do a lot of work in the Ada labs and Pryor (as well as some other prospects in the state)> I loved the beef barbecue.
0 Replies