on doing it just the same
Claiming to kill over a god of love & light
but we all know it's a cheaters game
Just to try to prove they're right
0 Replies

Tex-Star

Reply Sat 7 Dec, 2002 06:51 pm
How many religions? Who really cares?

But, NO, of course nobody should brainwash anyone else to convert them to ANY religion. I once saw a TV show about how these people who walk around banging on doors brainwash people. After they've stated the spiel, then it's time to stare the convertee straight in the eye and say, "But, what if it's true?" to scare them. Someone did that to me once and I burst out laughing.

Jesus taught his disciples and the 72 sent out as teachers, in private, something different than what was taught the general public. Now, that's what I seek.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 7 Dec, 2002 07:05 pm
I am not a believer in any religion. I DO believe that people have the right to believe what they wish. I may not respect their beliefs, but I respect their RIGHT to hold those beliefs, as long as their beliefs do not infringe on MY freedom.

I live my life in what I consider to be another way of stating the Golden Rule. It says, "The right to swing your arm ends at the other fellow's nose"!

I do not appreciate people attempting to convert me to their religious belief. If someone wants to have an intellectual discussion with me about some aspect of religion, fine. I would treat it as I would any other interesting subject. When their intent is to proselytize, I'm outta there!
0 Replies