Filmmaker Moving to Seattle - I need a network!

Reply Mon 3 Aug, 2009 04:00 pm
I am a early/mid career filmmaker and writer - moving from Minneapolis to Seattle soon, and I really need to get to know some people in the business. I have camera/lighting/grip experience on the production side. My highest paid production role has been 1st A.D. and my lowest has been rat catcher. Smile
On the writing end, I am negotiating script rewrites in the UK as well as trying to fish around my first original screenplay to producers and studios, which is set in England. Stateside, I am keeping my fingers crossed for the same screenplay which is currently in the 2nd round of the Nicholl Fellowship Competition.
I would love to get to know some fellow writers and filmmakers to assemble a work/social network; for my Gal and I won't know anyone upon arrival.

Any help/references/introductions would be GREATLY appreciated! Cheers, Taylor
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,938 • Replies: 1
No top replies

talk72000

Reply Mon 3 Aug, 2009 08:31 pm
@Cinemachimp,
Seattle is next door to Vancouver. Vancouver is Hollywood North. Go to one of the fancy hotels in Vancouver or some Ritzy restaurant and you may spot some stars shooting something. I believe Twilight is being filmed in Vancouver. The TV Series Smallville is filmed in Vancouver or at least a suburb called Cloverdale. Lots of Dutch people in there.
0 Replies