Photogallery Discussion

husker

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2003 08:29 pm
A nice handy place to meet to discuss photo's posted in the Gallery Laughing

If you post pictures there or view them much you might want to stop by.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,560 • Replies: 29
No top replies

husker

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2003 08:30 pm
Timber
Now what part of the country are the colors changing?
Thanks
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2003 08:52 pm
Hey Husker
You've got some very nice photo's in there. I love the wilderness, so of course I love the wilderness shots.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2003 09:00 pm
Montana, I am in awe of the produce from your garden!! Wow.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2003 09:03 pm
Thanks Sozobe. Can you tell that I take pride in my garden? LOL!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2003 09:09 pm
Deservedly so! Those tomatoes are amazing. (And one of your yellow tomato pics is really nice in its own right, as a photo.)
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2003 09:28 pm
I love the photo gallery section. I don't appreciate the rating system, however. I don't see why it has to have an element of competition; I don't see how it makes sense to get 5 positive votes and one negative and become lower rated than someone with just one vote. What if somebody got forty single star votes? Imagine the public humiliation if this is a sensitive person.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2003 09:39 pm
Thank you sozobe. I've always loved taking pictures.

Edgar
I don't mind the rating system myself, but I don't pay any attention to it either. Some of my pics were downrated, but it didn't bother me. I admit that I was curious to know who it is who doesn't like me though.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2003 09:49 pm
Montana - you have a great green thumb and take a mean picture also!
0 Replies

husker

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2003 09:51 pm
We could prob - live without the rating - it might have something to do with juggling the random shots???
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2003 09:57 pm
Thank you Husker, but my camera has to take the credit for the good shots since everything is set on automatic. I've only been gardening for 3 years now and I still have so much left to learn, but reading everything I can get my hands on doesn't hurt. It is a lot more work than I ever imagined though, but the love for it keeps me going.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2003 10:12 pm
I'm sure the ratings are related to the random juggling, as you call it Husker, just as they were related to the top interactions on Abuzz. I can't say I appreciate it all that much, though.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2003 12:20 am
When I modified the photo album I didn;t have time to alter the code (e.g. remove the ratings system).

I don't like the ratings system. Whether one is highly rated or rated low it can be a pain (he he, I voted my photos down).

It will eventually either be removed altogether or kept only for specific albums like the favorite art album.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2003 06:03 am
I don't mean to seem to be crying about the ratings. I think I've personally done all right. - I think also some people may not realise they can vote for every photo, including their own. I give five stars to every new one that appears in the members and baby albums.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2003 06:12 am
I don't like the rating system either. I think that it can be unnecessarily hurtful, and I reallly don't see the point of it. I think that the system may prevent some of our more sensitive members from posting their pictures.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2003 09:25 am
Phoenix
btw like your pic at the class! Wink

"everybody was kung-fu fighting" Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2003 09:38 am
husker- In my younger days, I had a pretty mean kick! Laughing
0 Replies

LibertyD

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2003 11:05 am
Cool pics of everyone! I really like your collage, Husker...very nice.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2003 11:35 am
Ok, I have disabled ratings for all the member albums. Private albums can have them disabled or enabled by the album owners and the art etc albums still have them.

This doesn't change current ratings but prevents the member photos from being rated in the future.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2003 12:12 pm
Great new pictures coming in - Wink
0 Replies