Is Gungasnake mental?

Reply Wed 29 Jul, 2009 06:35 am
Well, is he? I mean, I was going to cut and paste some of his awesome quotes on here, but the cjoice is literally too ample! I feel his best ramblings are on how evolution is being laughed out of classrooms already and how students roll their eyes in pity when profs lecture them on the subject. I forget where I read it (just as I expect he forgets where his evidence to back up that mentalist statement ended up). Where was he taught? 1822?

iamsam82

Reply Wed 29 Jul, 2009 06:38 am
Found it!

"That's also what will happen to evolution(ism) in the near future. When people who should by all rights know better keep resolutely on with such a thing after it has been massively and overwhelmingly disproven over a period of many decades,they can expect to be laughed at. In fits and starts, and dribs and drabs at first, and finally in cascading tidal waves of derision.

Evolution will die out in America when a prof or teacher can no longer stand in front of a classroom and talk about it without being made to feel as if he were in a Rodney Dangerfield movie, hearing snickering in the room, and seeing eyes roll back. That's starting to happen here and there now."

(http://able2know.org/topic/121621-1)

POST YOUR FAVOURITES TOO!
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Wed 29 Jul, 2009 06:40 am
@iamsam82,
Gunga is a well known alien pretending to be a human on A2k. Many of us have him on ignore, the rest read his stuff for the comedy.
iamsam82

Reply Wed 29 Jul, 2009 06:49 am
@Green Witch,
I'd love to know where he's from. I mean, I have him in my mind as a super stereotype: (not wishing to be rude to Americans but) American, southern states, parents in the clergy or maybe fairly old when they had him (that has a spooky tendency to lead to fairly messed up kids), educated no further than secondary school to whatever the American equivalent of GCSE is (leaving school when you're sixteen) and thereafter educated entirely by TV evangelists and Wikipedia.

But I may be wrong.
djjd62

Reply Wed 29 Jul, 2009 06:50 am
you missed him at his best, i used to love his take on the demoKKKrats and KKKlinton

interesting that with a black president i haven't noticed him using the demoKKKrat label, could he be........... Shocked evolving
iamsam82

Reply Wed 29 Jul, 2009 06:58 am
@djjd62,
NOOOOOO! Can it be he too is an...

"evoloser"?
0 Replies

parados

Reply Wed 29 Jul, 2009 07:16 am
@iamsam82,
Quote:
hereafter educated entirely by TV evangelists and Wikipedia.

But I may be wrong.

You are wrong, WRONG I tell you. Gunga would never read Wikipedia.

Conservapedia is more his style
http://www.conservapedia.com/Main_Page

Although even the Conservapedia evolution page might be to main stream for Gunga.
http://www.conservapedia.com/Evolution
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Wed 29 Jul, 2009 07:31 am
@iamsam82,
This is my take on Gunga
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Wed 29 Jul, 2009 07:31 am
While I can understand the sentiment, I thought threads attacking another user by name are considered especially bad form. Gunga is a regular, long term member who adds to the color and diversity of the site. Why single out his opinions for particular derision?
iamsam82

Reply Wed 29 Jul, 2009 07:39 am
@engineer,
OOOooooooow. Boy do I feel a bastard. You're right of course Engineer. It is a bit mean.

I love Gunga, and am a hundred percent agreed he adds a bit of local colour to the a2k village - every village needs its crackpot yokel.

Whoops, mean again.

I was hoping the gungameister would show up here and give us some of his pearls of wisdom. I just love debates and he stimulates them better than anyone here. We'd have a crap time without him. We'd just all be saying things and nodding and agreeing with each other. Gunga is the world's antithesis!

I had no intention of insulting Gungasnake at all. And I feel he knows that. If this is found to be offensive by him, I will apologise immediately and close the thread down. I just meant to poke gentle fun at a guy who genuinely stokes up debates in an informed(ish) way and comes at things from weird angles. This place would be lame without him.

Viva la Gunga! I say.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Wed 29 Jul, 2009 11:20 am
@Green Witch,
Green Witch wrote:
the rest read his stuff for the comedy.

That's me. I love Gungaposts, they are the most whacked out ideas you'll run across.

What really worries me is on the rare occasion when I find myself agreeing with him (like on drug law policy). It makes me do a double-check on my own sanity (probably a good thing).
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Wed 29 Jul, 2009 11:27 am
@iamsam82,
iamsam82 wrote:
I'd love to know where he's from. I mean, I have him in my mind as a super stereotype: (not wishing to be rude to Americans but)

I thought I read on one of his posts a long time ago that he's from somewhere in the Virginia or the Carolina area (probably in the woods). I always thought of him as an Ozark Bowhunter (I also seem to remember reading a thread where he talked about Bow Hunting) on the weekends and a techie during the day (but I have no idea what he really does for work).

Gunga does not seem uneducated to me, but he does seem driven toward anarchistic or arcane ideas. He seems to summarily reject almost anything which is "mainstream" and is enthralled by anything of a mystical/historic nature.
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 29 Jul, 2009 11:33 am
@rosborne979,
We wouldn't have him here in the Carolinas...
Rockhead

Reply Wed 29 Jul, 2009 11:36 am
@iamsam82,
he is an Oklahoma football fan in a big way (70s style)
0 Replies

kuvasz

Reply Wed 29 Jul, 2009 11:42 am
@iamsam82,
No, but his parents did use his anterior fontanel as an ashtray while he was a baby.
Francis

Reply Wed 29 Jul, 2009 11:44 am
@kuvasz,
Maybe it's PI in the US, but I find it extremely funny..
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Wed 29 Jul, 2009 11:44 am
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
We wouldn't have him here in the Carolinas...

I've been to the Carolinas, you never know what's lurking around in the woods out there Smile
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 29 Jul, 2009 03:12 pm
@engineer,
I really agree, engineer, but make allowances for people who joined in the last two days.
Green Witch

Reply Wed 29 Jul, 2009 03:44 pm
@roger,
All things considered, I think iamsam82's original question to be legitimate. I asked myself the same thing when I first started reading Gunga's posts, it just didn't occur to me to ask it out loud. Perhaps I should have, it might have saved me the time I tried to reason with him.

0 Replies

iamsam82

Reply Wed 29 Jul, 2009 05:03 pm
Yeeeeh. And after all, we that joined in the last two days are mere mortals. I will have to wait three, four, maybe even five or six days before my opinions can be really accepted and I can integrate fully into the a2k world.

Again I say though,

VIVA LA GUNGA!

Let's hope he shows up here soon with some of his arcane wisdom.