Thu 23 Jul, 2009 10:07 pm
I have a 4' x 5' carpet that sets on top of our carpet that is already there. Throughout the day the carpet buckles in the middle where it causes a lump that is easily tripped over. What causes the buckling and what can I do to stop the problem. I straighten the carpet at least 5 times a day. Help
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 9 • Views: 4,737 • Replies: 7
Topic Closed
No top replies

fresco

Thu 23 Jul, 2009 10:48 pm
@Franski2,
Carpet slide is being caused by the pile direction of the lower carpet. Try double sided tape between the two. (But if you google "carpet creep" you will find that even this has mixed success).
0 Replies

Intrepid

Fri 24 Jul, 2009 04:47 am
@Franski2,
Places such as Home Depot carry a product that is made for this purpose. I forget what it is called, but is is rubber with holes in it. Basically the same thing that is used in kitchen drawers to stop things from sliding.
0 Replies

sullyfish6

Fri 24 Jul, 2009 12:51 pm
Change the position of the rug. I have a rug that "moves" and after a time it is almost turned sideways (5' x 7') Seems that when someone comes in the soor, a certain part of it gets hit, and so over time it just shifts. I change the rugs position and it helps for a while.
0 Replies

roger

Tue 24 Jan, 2012 06:17 am
@Franski2,
Good Lord! I had a thread on exactly the same topic. They didn't come up with a solution for me, either. I've decided that when I'm rich I'm going to replace it with a chair mat. Right now, they're looking like $60 - $80, and hard to transport in a small car.
0 Replies

netmark2

Fri 21 Dec, 2018 08:01 am
@Franski2,
I agree with sullyfish, changing the position of the rug will help you in adjusting carpet as per your desire.
0 Replies

rugler001

Thu 27 Dec, 2018 03:08 am
@Franski2,
Carpet buckling occurs when the underside of carpets becomes detached from the adhesive, causing wrinkles, bubbles or ripples that ruin the form and function of your rug. Carpet buckles can be a trip hazard and also interrupt the placid aesthetic of your floor. Fixing the problem can be costly and time-consuming.
farmerman

Thu 27 Dec, 2018 04:22 am
@rugler001,
they also buckle if you use em to carry out a body to dump in the swamp. Id also cover the carpet with a layer of plastic wrap, so bodily fluids dont leak an cause any unwanted DNA evidence .
0 Replies