parsons

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2009 09:49 am
Is there an inexpensive option to masonry/brick cladding?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 1,701 • Replies: 8
No top replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2009 11:37 am
@parsons,

stucco is cheap... but very plain looking, so it would depend on the application...
Muwahaha

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2009 11:51 am
concrete?
parsons

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2009 12:43 pm
@Region Philbis,
We are looking for some finishing detail to a shed we are builiding and wanted to try to tie in the look of the brick on the house to the shed - just for design element.

Thank you for your response!
0 Replies

parsons

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2009 12:43 pm
@Muwahaha,
We are looking for design detail to bring the brick of our house to a shed we are building. Just to accent...

Thanks for your response..
panzade

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2009 03:55 pm
@parsons,
Here in S Florida the skilled stucco men can make stucco look like brick cladding. Don't know if that helps
ossobuco

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2009 04:13 pm
@parsons,
I let the shed be wood, and put a brick over concrete terrace in front of it. Perhaps an outdoor wall light that would match what you've got on the house, any trim to match house trim. Oh, maybe a nice door painted an interesting color, probably related to the house door colors, but maybe not...

(I've a bias against faux materials.)
parsons

Reply Thu 23 Jul, 2009 07:11 am
@ossobuco,
Good suggestions, the shed is going to be aluminum sided to match a portico on the front of the house. The house is a brick bungalow - we were hoping to find something inexpensive to mimic the brick to use on the shed...There is going to be a 8x7' garage door on the front and a window and mandoor on the side.
0 Replies

parsons

Reply Thu 23 Jul, 2009 07:13 am
@panzade,
Thanks for the info-we had a contractor come to look at what we wanted done and it was going to be a few thousand dollars (we are in Ontario Canada) and we didn't want to spend that much on a 'decorative finish' for a shed. I wish I knew how to do it myself!!
0 Replies