CALIFORNIA MOVES TO LEGALIZE MARIJUANA

spendius

Reply Mon 20 Jul, 2009 01:58 pm
@High Seas,
Quote:
According to industry insiders Goldman Sachs has been quietly gathering up California's state and the municipal bonds of its major cities.

Notice the breathless confidential exclusiveness the reader feels with that first phrase. And "quietly" is a bit at odds with it being in the paper.

According to all known form it's a bet. If it wins big bonuses are handed out and if it loses they go to another financial institution and try again. Maybe they think California will elect a government which will make the pips squeak.

How can Goldman Sachs sieze control of California?
0 Replies

High Seas

Reply Mon 20 Jul, 2009 02:09 pm
@High Seas,
PS to Nick - if you can bear discussion with Spendius, please explain to him the inadvisability of posting while blotto. It would be a waste of time to point out to him that "quote" is not identical to "post". I'm putting him on ignore. Thanks Smile
NickFun

Reply Mon 20 Jul, 2009 02:30 pm
@High Seas,
He must be forgiven high Seas. He's stoned.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 20 Jul, 2009 04:55 pm
@High Seas,
High Seas, I'll get back to that. Am dealing with recalcitrant computer, mine and others, today (long story).
0 Replies