Reply Tue 7 Oct, 2003 04:39 pm
HI, found a great recepie for sangria, had a hard time finding the rioja and when I did it was rather costly, really delicious for this recepie. However, I can't find it. I substituted a burgandy last time, it was terrible. what else would tast like the spanish rioja? Thanks
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 2,869 • Replies: 7
No top replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Tue 7 Oct, 2003 05:36 pm
greenrapture
greenrapture, welcome to Abel2Know, glad to have you here.

You didn't say where you live, so its hard to find a source near you. I've located several source, but your location would be helpful.

You might start your search at the following site:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=spanish+rioja&btnG=Google+Search

BumbleBeeBoogie
0 Replies

GREENRAPTURE

Reply Tue 7 Oct, 2003 09:14 pm
LOOKING FOR A RIOJA SUBSTITUTE
Hi, boy I had a hard time finding my way back to my original message. I live in a little town in VT. I wouldn't be interested in buying the rioja over the internet, cause it would be way too expensive. Hoping to just find a wine that is very similar. Thanks
0 Replies

margo

Reply Tue 7 Oct, 2003 09:21 pm
I presume VT is somewhere in USA! Or somewhere in that northern direction!

Try asking at your wine store for a light red - they must make something suitable over the in California. Or you could try Lambrusco - do you have that there?

The burgundy would be too heavy!

If you care to drop over to Oz, I can make some local recommendations!
Razz
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 8 Oct, 2003 04:39 am
You might think of trying an inexpensive Portugeuse wine, either from the Dao or Douro.
0 Replies

Wy

Reply Wed 8 Oct, 2003 01:47 pm
Food Network ( http://www.foodnetwork.com/ ) has a slew of recipes, but the ones I looked at just called for "red wine" or "dry red wine"... one didn't have alcohol in it at all! (It was for fruity, spicy shots to be served with shots of tequila.)

Check 'em out tho, maybe you'll get some ideas for wines you can find locally and use!

P.S. margo, VT is Vermont, in the far northeast corner, up there by Maine and Nova Scotia and stuff...
0 Replies

margo

Reply Wed 8 Oct, 2003 09:10 pm
Wy wrote:

P.S. margo, VT is Vermont, in the far northeast corner, up there by Maine and Nova Scotia and stuff...

Wy Razz Laughing Twisted Evil
I sort of knew that - but my mission here (which I pursue with ferocity!) is to try to widen the American view of the world! It's a losing battle, but... Confused

Cav - good advice! I'll drink to that!
0 Replies

Wy

Reply Wed 8 Oct, 2003 11:19 pm
Margo, I think my view's pretty wide... I can even find Sydney on a map! Smile
0 Replies