Technology fuels popularity of intelligent design

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2009 07:07 am
http://www.onenewsnow.com/Culture/Default.aspx?id=589042

Quote:

A new Zogby poll shows that a majority of Americans support intelligent design.

According to the poll, only 33 percent stated that they believe in Darwinian evolution, while 52 percent stated they believe life was guided by intelligent design.

Steve Meyer is the director for science and culture at the Discovery Institute. In his new book Signature in the Cell: DNA and the Evidence for Intelligent Design, Meyers suggests that the digital revolution is fueling the popularity of intelligent design.

"In the book I've written, I discuss the evidence of the digital code that's inside life -- the four-character digital code in the DNA molecule. I call it the signature in the cell. Bill Gates says it's like a software program, only more complex than any we've ever written," he notes. "You have at the base of life not just...matter and energy, but you have information as well, and I think that's very intuitively something that arises from an intelligent source, not from undirected processes."

He adds that as people become aware of the scientific discoveries that show the complexity of life and they compare that with the complexity of the technology around them, they tend to question the "textbook" account of the origin of life that basically states that life arose from an undirected process.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,092 • Replies: 6
No top replies

rosborne979

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2009 07:18 am
@gungasnake,
So the guy that wrote the book (Meyer), wrote an article in support of his own book. How revealing.

What's next, will he write another article in support of his first article?
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2009 10:38 am
Quote:
Bill Gates says it's like a software program, only more complex than any we've ever written," he notes. "You have at the base of life not just...matter and energy, but you have information as well, and I think that's very intuitively something that arises from an intelligent source, not from undirected processes."
farmerman

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2009 12:48 pm
@gungasnake,
That just shows that Bill Gates has no idea what evolution is about.
The fact that a majority of folks want ID is no problem to science. The arguments against ID are often lost in the deatils of biochemistry and most people just wanna watch "American Idol" .
gungasnake

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2009 03:33 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
That just shows that Bill Gates has no idea what evolution is about. ...

Fifty years from now, nobody will have any idea what evoloserism was about unless they go to the trouble of looking it up in an encyclopedia.
farmerman

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2009 04:51 pm
@gungasnake,
I would love to make a substantial bet with you countering that stupid remark. Itd be the easiest money I ever won.

The only reason not to is that we probably wont live another fifty years.

There is so much that you are ignorant of that , if youd be in the mining or economic geology industry, youd be dead broke and so would whatever fools you convinced to think like you.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2009 07:55 pm
@gungasnake,
gungasnake wrote:
Fifty years from now, nobody will have any idea what evoloserism was about unless they go to the trouble of looking it up in an encyclopedia.

Evolution is here to stay. We're not.
0 Replies