Help dadpad and mumpad plan a European tour

wandeljw

Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2010 04:09 pm
@dadpad,
Will you or Walter be posting photos of your visit?
Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2010 10:36 pm
@wandeljw,
Might be that mumpad or dadpad will do so.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2010 10:51 pm
@dadpad,
Spend a few good days in London where they have some of the best museums in the world, and most are free. It's also easy to move around in London by Underground, and a day pass or a three day pass will be worth the price. You don't have to eat at expensive places, and chow down at some pub for home-cooked meals at reasonable prices.

Also, I'd take up Walter on his offer; he's a very good host, and will show you around places most tourist do not go. Just hang onto your hat when he drives on the autobahn; he has a lead foot.

Europe is great, because you can travel to so many countries with easy access by plane or train. You can also play it ear, and plan as you travel from one place to the next like I did many decades ago when I did a Eurailpass for two weeks and visited about seven countries.

Good luck on your plans.
ossobuco

Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2010 10:54 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Dad the pad had been fairly circumspect re their trip, so I don't want to nag/intrude as is my custom, brat that I am.

But, Dadpad and MumPad, please know we'd enjoy lots of photos.

Especially me, I'd love to see them, not to be invasive but to participate in looking from here.

0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2010 11:37 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Also, I'd take up Walter on his offer; he's a very good host, and will show you around places most tourist do not go. Just hang onto your hat when he drives on the autobahn; he has a lead foot.

We already did some couple of hundred miles on the autobahn... and perhaps, they've been the first Australians at the one or other place ... Wink
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 18 Aug, 2010 01:25 pm
Welcome back in England, mumpad and dadpad! (Ooops, still in the customs, I suppose Wink )
McTag

Reply Wed 18 Aug, 2010 05:03 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
We've just made final arrangements to get down to London on Friday afternoon.

So we should meet them on Saturday morning, if not before.

Nice. Smile Very Happy Drunk
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Fri 20 Aug, 2010 09:02 am
Photos are difficullt and time consuming to do using unfamilar computer systems. but stay tuned for a couple of days time. we have nearly 2 k of photos.
Re walters driving, roundabouts are specialty of his. Also we appreciate him arranging for church bells to chime every time we are getting out of the car.
plus it rains a lot in germany. that is also Walters fault.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 20 Aug, 2010 09:13 am
@dadpad,
Great!
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 20 Aug, 2010 09:36 am
@dadpad,
dadpad wrote:

plus it rains a lot in germany. that is also Walters fault.

Only when we get visitors from downunder: yesterday it was cloudy, with temperatures around 24°; today sunny all day - temperatures of about 28° - and the weekend will even be better.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 20 Aug, 2010 10:40 am
@dadpad,
That is very funny, because when Walter took us to Munster, it also rained. I think he's some kind of rain god or something.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 20 Aug, 2010 11:14 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

That is very funny, because when Walter took us to Munster, it also rained. I think he's some kind of rain god or something.

I cancelled the Münster tour with them not because of the weather!
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Fri 20 Aug, 2010 04:18 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

With ability like that he should be very welcome in australia any time.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Fri 20 Aug, 2010 04:24 pm
Walter gave ma a small memento of our visit to his home. a small german bear drinking a beer.
It was picked out by customs at Dortmund Airport and swabbed for drugs.
mumpad got frisked at the same time they said they were looking for a left underwire that was missing.
dadpad

Reply Fri 20 Aug, 2010 04:32 pm
Tonigh we negotiated Londons infamouse underground, voted at Australa house, walked up the strand, saw trafalgar square and leiester square.
(I felt like i was playing monopoly). then wandered into the west end theate district bought cut price tickets and saw Avenue Q, a muppet show for adults. It was great fun.
Meeting barry the mod and Mctag and his wife tomorrow morning.
We've had a marvelouse day.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 20 Aug, 2010 04:36 pm
@dadpad,
dadpad, Glad you're meeting and having fun with other a2kers in Europe. I need to get back there to reconnect with some of my friends who live in that neighborhood. Also, I must also invite you to come to the US whether to the west coast or to Chicago - or even the east coast where many a2kers live and meet regularly.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 20 Aug, 2010 04:38 pm
@dadpad,
Snort..
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 20 Aug, 2010 04:39 pm
@dadpad,
Fantastic.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Fri 20 Aug, 2010 04:41 pm
Thanks Ci I
'll endevour t do that.
In the mean time the US will have to make do with Dlowan.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 20 Aug, 2010 04:43 pm
@dadpad,
Is dlowan here in the states? If I had known, and he had plans to visit in the San Francisco area, I would have been more than pleased to have shown him around Northern California. He would have "earned" an a2k cap too! LOL