roger

Reply Fri 12 Feb, 2010 04:38 pm
Are you guys sure about all these sealed containers? I understood that if you had air circulation, you got compost. No air gets you silage.
dadpad

Reply Fri 12 Feb, 2010 05:42 pm
@roger,
Eealed containers are for short term storage roger. Like a couple of days, then you dump it in the compost bin out in the backyard.
we jsut have a plastic icecream container (no lid) that sits on our kitchen rubbish bin. It gets emptied into the chook pen everyday.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Fri 12 Feb, 2010 05:57 pm
@panzade,
Quote:
I've been a good boy in lessening the bulk trash I throw out...I've lowered my garbage on the curb to about half a tall kitchen bag a week.

Now I want to return all my organic food waste to my garden. I've been collecting it in various plastic grocery bags and storing it in the fridge because of the fruit flies. I need help designing a container that can sit in the kitchen somewhere and have enough room for a weeks worth of compost...coffee grinds, eggshells, citrus rinds etc.

I'm going batty taking this stuff out every day.

Got any suggestions?

Delegate the job to the wife. You don't seem like a bachelor.
roger

Reply Fri 12 Feb, 2010 06:33 pm
@spendius,
I meet Panz years ago, and his didn't smell a bit like fabric softener, so he's probably single. That's how women mark their territory, you know.
spendius

Reply Fri 12 Feb, 2010 06:39 pm
@roger,
Yes I did know that. I have had more than one wash in a puddle in my time.
0 Replies