Bones.....a Wonderful TV show!

Reply Wed 24 Jun, 2009 01:04 pm
Have any of you seen the show, "Bones"? It is my latest obsession (after all three Law & Orders, of course), and is one hell of an interesting and amusing show.

The protagonist is Temperence Brennan, a brilliant forensic anthropologist, affectionately called "Bones", by her partner, an F.B.I. man who works with her on cases.
She is so smart, that often she lacks the social skills, and quite often puts her foot in her mouth. Her partner, is always extricating her out of uncomfortable social situations.

The rest of the team rounds out a great ensemble of players. What I like about the show is that, unlike many that seem to be playing off to mediocrity, this show applauds people with intelligence.

The stories are both fascinating, and extremely interesting, if you are not put off by corpses, in varying degrees of decomposition.

Have you seen this show? Waht do you think of it?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 6 • Views: 1,755 • Replies: 7
No top replies

djjd62

Reply Wed 24 Jun, 2009 01:09 pm
not seen the show but my mother has been reading the books for a few years now

Kathy Reichs
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Wed 24 Jun, 2009 03:25 pm
@Phoenix32890,
I've seen a few episodes and liked them, but haven't followed the series. Are the episodes tied together with a common thread or are they all fairly unique? In other words, do I need to follow the whole series to appreciate it, or can I just jump in and out on random episodes?
Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 24 Jun, 2009 03:59 pm
@rosborne979,
Actually, as with L&O and Seinfeld, I started watching the show on reruns on TNT. I have watched some changes in cast, and various romances with respect to Angela. I still don't know which episodes came first. Nevertheless, the stories themselves stand on their own.

Speaking of L&O, one of the things that Dick Wolfe has done with those series was to make them story and not character based. In "Bones", there are more social touches and more personal interactions amongst the cast members in the stories. Nevertheless, the stories are meaty enough that any one is enjoyable
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Wed 24 Jun, 2009 04:15 pm
@Phoenix32890,
I watched a couple shows and thought it was kinda goofy, but not goofy enough that I changed the channel if I happened upon it. I watch a lot of TBS so I trip over it regularly. Now that I've seen a few episodes I'm more likely than not to watch it as I'm channel surfing.

I still think it's kinda goofy, but in a good kinda goofy sorta way.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Wed 24 Jun, 2009 06:07 pm
@Phoenix32890,
Phoenix32890 wrote:

If you are talking about this show called,"Bones", then I wasn't impressed at all, sorry. My wife and I have watched 3 episodes, and thought the acting was pretty bad and the plots were not great either. To sum up, we considered the shows quite inconsistent.

In my opinion, a show like "Eleventh Hour" is much better.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 25 Jun, 2009 01:44 am
@Phoenix32890,
Phoenix32890 wrote:

Have any of you seen the show, "Bones"? It is my latest obsession (after all three Law & Orders, of course), and is one hell of an interesting and amusing show.

The protagonist is Temperence Brennan, a brilliant forensic anthropologist, affectionately called "Bones", by her partner, an F.B.I. man who works with her on cases.
She is so smart, that often she lacks the social skills, and quite often puts her foot in her mouth. Her partner, is always extricating her out of uncomfortable social situations.

The rest of the team rounds out a great ensemble of players. What I like about the show is that, unlike many that seem to be playing off to mediocrity, this show applauds people with intelligence.

The stories are both fascinating, and extremely interesting, if you are not put off by corpses, in varying degrees of decomposition.

Yes.
I 've seen some of the episodes.
I like Dr. Brennan. She is terrific in High Definition on a 7 foot screen.
I enjoy the show. I expect to see more episodes.

David
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Thu 25 Jun, 2009 03:17 am
Bones is almost mandatory viewing in my household.

other favorites are New Tricks, a BBC show centered around "cold cases"
New Tricks follows the antics of three retired cops recruited by Superintendent Sandra Pullman (Amanda Redman) to reinvestigate unsolved crimes.
Gerry Standing (Dennis Waterman), Jack Halford (James Bolam) and Brian Lane (Alun Armstrong) have for a variety of reasons handed over their badges and accepted premature retirement.

But their hunger to right the wrongs of the past is still strong, and they're willing to resort to the most unconventional methods if it means they can close a case.
0 Replies