I want to know him!!!

Reply Fri 19 Jun, 2009 04:36 pm
I'm 12, and when my mom was pregnant at 17, my dad doesn't know that he has a kid! he doesn't know that my mom was even pregnant!!! Well i really want to know him! but NOBODY in my family wants me to know him. I really want to know if i look like him because i don't look like anybody in my family!! My mom says that his Name is Joesph. She won't tell me his last name or his middle.. Or even how old he is! She told me that he was in jail alot when i was younger. But i looked and i can't find a Joesph that was in jail for the things my mom says he was in for! She says that he has blonde hair and blue eyes! but i have brown hair and green eyes! My mom, grandma, grandpa and uncle have red hair and brown eyes.. so where did i get my looks from????? Should i continue to look for him and ask my mom questions, and maybe con her into it. or should i just wait and see what happens in the future???

-Cheyenne
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 762 • Replies: 1
No top replies

jespah

Reply Sat 20 Jun, 2009 08:19 am
@Cheyenne2279,
I don't look like my parents, either, not much, and my parentage is fully established. That doesn't mean much (I'm blonde; they're both brunettes, so what) unless you're of a well-defined different race. Even then it could be someone up the ancestral chain and not your father.

Conning your mother into anything (or trying to, as she will most likely figure out what you're trying to do) is a foolish idea. You still need to live with her, no matter what. Your family, rightly or wrongly, is trying to protect you. Seeing as they have come clean with him having been in jail you should be able to see why. One thing you can do is, ask them if they will reveal more information to you when you are older. Right now, they are probably worried that you will end up idolizing a convict and possibly get into trouble because of that. That is not as unlikely as you might think, no matter what you swear up and down to me or to them. But when you are older, say, 16, 18, 21 or so, they may be more forthcoming.

You do have a right to know certain things (such as family medical history; that is very important). But they are trying to protect you, and it may also be to protect you from rejection from someone who doesn't know you even exist. Keep that in mind, too. I'm not saying that this can of worms should never, ever be opened. But there should be no hot hurry in opening it, either. See if your mother will be more open about things when you are a little older.
0 Replies