Reply Sat 13 Jun, 2009 05:17 pm
I need some help....my Rainsoft system ran almost "completely" out of salt...question #1 When this happens does the machine turn itself off? I filled the container up with salt today #2 what am I supposed to do now-should I try to restart the system or will it just start to run on it's own? If I do need to restart it...I don't have an idea on what to touch inside the little cabinet area...by the way the system is outside on the side of my home (if that makes a difference) I will also try to describe what I see inside the cabinet...All the dials are to the right on the panel...there is a Time Dial...a Day Pin Dial (the word regeneration is near that one)...and a kind of Settings Dial that has Backwash-Salt and lbs on it (this is the one that I gave a slight turn to and then heard like some spraying sounds....CAN ANYONE HELP!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 2,525 • Replies: 2
No top replies

H2O MAN

Reply Sun 14 Jun, 2009 04:31 pm
@justperfect,

As long as it has power and you did not change any settings, it should self correct once you start the regeneration process.

"Push for manual regeneration"

http://www.rainsoftofhouston.com/manuals/AMC75T.pdf
0 Replies

Joethewaterguy

Reply Wed 17 Jun, 2009 05:20 pm
@justperfect,
first answer, no the system will keep doing it's thing. second answer, by turning the dial you just started a regen and it will reset itself. Do you know that if the power goes off for some time , that you need to reset the timer? Almost running out of salt is the best thing, it won't bridge or become mush. I tell me customers to let the salt go down to 1", and then refill it.
0 Replies