RainSoft Gold Series Operator's Manual

betsytoad

Reply Fri 20 Nov, 2009 07:05 pm
@H2O MAN,
Just bought house with Rainsoft AQC 75T Gold Series water treatment system. Don't know much about it other than I have an iceberg in the bottom of my plastic tank. I am looking for a manual and advice on what to do just starting out. I am also looking for a manual - [email protected]
0 Replies

scott75007

Reply Sun 20 Dec, 2009 08:00 am
I have a rainsoft gold system that came with a house I bought but with no manual. Could you please send me one at [email protected]? thanks
0 Replies

ahinkle65

Reply Sat 2 Jan, 2010 10:54 am
@H2O MAN,
hello...you seem to be the man with the answers. I have a rainsoft gold series system that i am about to pull out. it's been in for about 7 years. maybe the problem is with the local dealer, don't know. the sales guy said that other than filters, everything was lifetime warranty. since i had the system and two air masters installed...4 years ago, had to have rainsoft replace the o-rings. supposedly our water pressure was too high and they had to install a reducer valve. i hate the water pressure now. and now, the system is leaking again like it needs the o-rings replaced. the two air masters went out a couple of months ago (at the same time), even though one unit runs year round while the other unit runs only in winter - bulbs in both should not have gone out at same time. ordered new bulbs from local rainsoft folks for one unit at twice the price of internet if i could have found a correct part number. new bulbs didn't work and a message on thevoice mail AFTER i installed to not touch the bulbs, or i would ruin them. Sure, they will come and fix everything. let's see $80 for a house call. the o-rings were something like $10 last time, just for the part. and they charged to install the pressure reducer. The cost to come and put in new bulbs in ONE air master was quoted at about $350. And the o-ring replacement was somewhere around $150 without the reducer last time. That's way to rich for my blood. Any info you have on replacing o-rings and the slow moving piston if needed, where and how, as well as info about the air masters, would be greatly appreciated. also docs on replacing all the filters if that's availble. local dealer discouraged me maintaining last time, but for the cost, if i can't maintain them myself then i'm turning them off, or will look for a reaplcement and get this info up front before replacement. thankyou for any help. email is [email protected]
ahinkle65

Reply Sat 2 Jan, 2010 11:01 am
@ahinkle65,
oh...and they have replaced a set of o-rings in the RO filter as well, supposedly because i always turned the valve forward, instead of forward once and backwards the next - causing uneven wear?. so info on that as well if possible.
Twinkieflyer

Reply Fri 5 Mar, 2010 11:05 am
@ahinkle65,
Hi all,
Sorry to creap the thread, but we just bought a house with a Rainsoft silver apparenty configured for iron followed by a gold for softening. The manuals at the house are almost useless for other than routine stuff.

I figured out that the timer motor was bad on the silver unit, and so it did nothing. The gold unit had a salt reservoir that was empty, as the house had been vacant for 1.5 years. THe entire system is 4.5 years old

I manually regenerated the system, both parts after replacing the timer motor on the silver, and bought some iron fighting salt pellets. The results of this effort is that the water is now drinkable, no real taste, but the hot water smells and appears to still be pretty bad even after draining the hot water tanks.

The other problem is, the gold unit only regenerates when we hit the regenerate button, but not automatically at the programmed time. The simple manual covers the time ok.

Now, I could have called the RS people, but a couple of neighbors have told me it is useless, that the service calls are very expensive, and the results don't last, so we are trying to do what we can short of install all new gear.

I bought a RO system for the kitchen and refrigerator, and plan to install that shortly, mostly to eliminate any sodium that might be in the water, because my Mom is very salt sensitive.

Clearly the water here is very hard, lots of iron and maganese. When I drained the water heaters, it looked like grape coolaid!

Any more involved info on the RS system or suggestions on fixes would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Bill
vzew18av at verizon.net
Twinkieflyer

Reply Mon 8 Mar, 2010 11:11 am
Well, a bit more work, everything now appears to be working but the gold unit won't regenerate on its own, you have to hit the button for a manual regenerate.

I am wondering how you know when the iron filter is worn out. It says something in the manual about having to replace the media, but no idea what the rate is for that. There is a table in the manual for settings, but no idea how you get to the settings page on the unit. It is an AVQ75.

The unit has been actually used for only a bit under 3 years, by a single person household.

THe hot water still smells a bit funky.
0 Replies

Budwicki

Reply Tue 16 Mar, 2010 07:16 am
@H2O MAN,
H2O Man, I have a AM18CD-8 that was purchased in 1988. The timer motor started getting noisy about a year ago and I had a rainsoft serviceman out to look at it a couple of months ago. He said he couldn't get parts and the only fix was to replace the whole control head for about $1300. Now it has stopped functioning. Over the years I have done a lot of work with equipment controls but not on softeners. I thought I might have a shot at fixing it for fun but after reading some of the comments on the web I wonder if it's worth the time. What do you think about that? Budfer
Joethewaterguy

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2010 02:15 pm
@Budwicki,
is the brass gear on the timer still turning and just not contacting the nylon drive gear? if so rotate the brass bushing underneath the gear 180 degrees. If the motor is bad you could do a search and by a new motor for less than $100 and replace it, or you could ask them about the "tc" conversion kit(still needs a service call and like $500 for the kit). Or buy a diy system . Has it worked all these 22 years?
0 Replies

Joethewaterguy

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2010 02:32 pm
@Twinkieflyer,
hot water tanks have an anode rod in them that can cause a smell with soft water. I'd chlorinate the hot water tanks first and see if this helps. As far as the gold series conditioner, do you know that it doesn't regen every night? One thing to check is the turbine spinning? If the greensand (silver series) wasn't working properly the turbine might need cleaned. Bypass the gold series, press regen, to relieve pressure in the tank, and disconnect the system after the bypass. The turbine is on the outlet and you should be able to blow through is and hear it spin, if it does'nt spin , clean it. Put it all back together.
FarmerRicky

Reply Tue 30 Mar, 2010 05:32 am
H20 man I need to know how to set up a rainsoft system. Do I put water in the brine tank when setting it up? How do I know it's working? Can you send me an installation guide?
0 Replies

Twinkieflyer

Reply Wed 31 Mar, 2010 09:01 pm
@Joethewaterguy,
Thanks Joe.

I am afraid I don't know much about softeners. I didn't realize it had a measurement system in the turbine wheel setup. The reason it isn't regening is probably that we are not living there yet, and we are not running much water.

I will try putting some bleach in the water heaters. Not sure how much is enough, so I suppose I will try a gallon in each and let them sit a day and see what that does.

I think I really ought to test this water so I know how bad it is. I looked at the inlet water, and I have seen creek water that looked a lot better. The wellhead has an overflow on it (artesian) and the outlet has tons of iron in it.

One of the neighbors that says he has good water has some sort of treatment that adds clorine. Not sure how that works, but he says his treated water doesn't have any iron taste and doesn't stain everything.

Any suggestions appreciated.
Joethewaterguy

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2010 04:50 am
@Twinkieflyer,
only a cup or 2 of bleach in the water heaters
Twinkieflyer

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2010 08:28 am
@Joethewaterguy,
Thanks Joe, well, too late, I managed to get a gallon in via turning the pressure relief valve upside down and slowly pouring in. Been sitting about 14 hours, and I am getting ready to flush it all out.

Do you know where to buy test kits so I can at least figure out how much iron and maganese is in this water?
0 Replies

BrettMcPhersonq

Reply Sun 27 Jun, 2010 08:59 pm
@H2O MAN,
H2O man, I am having difficulty with my Apollo V.2. The water appeared hard in the house so I went and checked my unit and the salt looks like a snow drift!!!! It's all stuck together, what do I do cuz I cannot find my manual to troubleshoot.

Thanks,

Brett McPherson at [email protected]
0 Replies

Twinkieflyer

Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2010 11:43 am
@H2O MAN,
I have my gold 75 mostly working now. It uses a ton of salt, but I have 5ppm iron, greensand silver in front of the gold, but supposedly the water problem is mostly iron and manganese, not a lot of calcium hardness.

I just ran a bypass to run the outside spigots off the water before the system, right out of the well tank, but I am still using about 250# of salt a month. Not sure about the setings on the Gold 75.

I would really appreciate a manual that gives more info.
billnancyharris @ gmail.com

Thanks
0 Replies

KHenry1319

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2010 07:45 pm
Hello H2O peeps Smile

I have an AMB 744 CT that worked fine at my ole home. I am trying to connect it to my new home, but in need to the owners manual and some parts suggestions.

1. Can you PLEASE email me a copy of the manual (if you have it) - KHenry1319 @ gmail.com

2. There's a piece that looks like a fuel filter that goes on top of the unit (with a small white ball inside of it). Say PAT Number 3,363, 642 Where can I find this replacement part?

Any help would be appreciated!!
0 Replies

kathryne

Reply Sun 18 Jul, 2010 10:50 am
@H2O MAN,
Hi, can I get the manual also? Hopefully it'sthe same. I have Model # A032CT. I also posted a question. Thanks
0 Replies

lbeck

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2010 09:41 pm
i have a gold series sounds like it running all the time going through alot salt had to unplug it to let it reset it self,me won't let me reset it myself
0 Replies

aleehy

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2010 01:37 am
@H2O MAN,
I also need a rainsoft AMC installation manual. I have looked every where. thanks Al at [email protected]
0 Replies

Dancerdog

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2010 09:24 am
@Joethewaterguy,
I just bought a rainsoft AMC 50. Call you tell me how to hook it up. It is the silver series? Jeanne [email protected]
0 Replies