RainSoft Gold Series Operator's Manual

metzy10

Reply Sun 7 Jun, 2009 09:06 am
I am looking to install a Rainsoft Gold Series that I purchased at a garage sale for $50...can't seem to find any installation guides online or an operator's manual. One thing I'm trying to determine is if a drain is required or not. Previous owner says no, but I'm not sure I believe them. Can anyone help provide me with a link or documents?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 34 • Views: 55,381 • Replies: 84
No top replies

H2O MAN

Reply Sun 7 Jun, 2009 10:01 am
@metzy10,
metzy10, send me your email address.
Joethewaterguy

Reply Tue 9 Jun, 2009 12:24 pm
@metzy10,
it absolutely needs a drain line. no big deal, as you look at the unit from the front, the drain connects on the left behind the control panel. There should be an elbow sticking out . Just make sure to plumb it in properly, two lines in and out of the back of the unit, the one on the right, looking at the front, is the in, the other is out. only two more connections, the drain and the brine tank, off of the left looking at it. Hope this helps
metzy10

Reply Tue 23 Jun, 2009 10:51 am
well, i've finally got this one installed. as you can see it took me a little while, but got it figured out.

h20 man...my email is [email protected] and would appreciate the owners manual.

Now this leads me to a second question. after i installed it, do i fill the brine tank with water from the faucet? or should the regeneration cycle fill the brine tank itself?
Joethewaterguy

Reply Tue 23 Jun, 2009 04:20 pm
@metzy10,
the gold series puts the water in at the 1st step, no need to add water, just add salt and program it so it knows it has some. in the end of regen there should be very little water left in the brine well.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Tue 23 Jun, 2009 07:15 pm
@metzy10,

Check your email Very Happy
metzy10

Reply Tue 23 Jun, 2009 09:09 pm
thanks h20 man...perfect!
Darthburn

Reply Sat 27 Jun, 2009 10:06 am
@H2O MAN,
I was reading your posts and I also have a question... my sister gave me her Rainsoft Gold Series softener, and I think I have it hooked up correctly. I have 2 tanks though. I think the first is a carbon filter? and the second is the softener with the gadget up on top. It's supposed to go through the filter one first (with no top gadget) right? Installation manual for something like this would sure help. Also when you start it up is it going to regen first or just start softening?
Thanks
H2O MAN

Reply Sat 27 Jun, 2009 10:42 am
@Darthburn,

Yes, GAC filter 1st, then the softener.
I can email the installation and set-up guide to you.
wemancini

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2009 06:34 pm
Hi H2O man,
I just purchased an AMC 50 and need an installation manual. Can you send me a copy? Email is [email protected]. Thanks.
H2O MAN

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2009 08:34 pm
@wemancini,

Email sent.
boones-chevelle64

Reply Sat 8 Aug, 2009 10:11 am
@Darthburn,
Hey I have a rainsoft gold series and i was wondering if you would send me a manual as well thans so much. [email protected]
hookercook

Reply Wed 2 Sep, 2009 02:18 pm
i also have a rainsoft gold series with two tanks. Took it out of my house when I sold it and stored it for a few years. Can anyone please send me an owners manual and/or installation instructions. email: [email protected]
Thanks
Joethewaterguy

Reply Fri 4 Sep, 2009 04:25 pm
@hookercook,
is that two round tanks? or one round tank and a square tank?
mbradburn

Reply Mon 7 Sep, 2009 10:36 am
I just received a Rainsoft Gold AQC50CT head to replace my old dinosaur black box/brass valve head on my Rainsoft system. Computer went bad for the second time in a few years. Would like to find the installation guide and programming instruction manual for this. Any tips are appreciated as well. Would also like to find someone to sell me a used newer style carbon tank valve w/o the timer on it like mine has. Anyone?
mbradburn @ swbell . net(remove blank spaces).
0 Replies

hookercook

Reply Tue 8 Sep, 2009 11:25 pm
@Joethewaterguy,
two round tanks and one square one for the salt. Looking at previous posts, you say there is a drain that connects on the left of the computer in the back.....but doesn't that go to the salt tank? There is a black line coming from the salt tank to the computer (right side in the back) and a connector on the side of the salt tank that connects via hose to the left side in back of the computer....Right? SO, where is the drain connector?
Joethewaterguy

Reply Wed 9 Sep, 2009 04:26 am
@hookercook,
sorry for the confusion, drain line on the left just behind the case. brine line attaches to the brass fitting on the right behind the case.
0 Replies

Just-wanderin

Reply Fri 23 Oct, 2009 04:22 pm
@H2O MAN,
Looking for installation Guide for Rainsoft Gold series. Read old post that u might have it. my e-mail is [email protected]

Thanks
0 Replies

dukie1558

Reply Wed 28 Oct, 2009 09:11 pm
@metzy10,
I am looking for a manual on how to hook up my used Rainsoft water treatment with ION X 100. If anyone can email me one my husband would really appreciate it.
[email protected]
0 Replies

Lruscetti

Reply Wed 4 Nov, 2009 08:35 pm
@H2O MAN,
would you mind sending me the Gold series manual? email:
[email protected]
thx