Reprogram the Computer's Calculations

MEC

Reply Sat 1 Nov, 2008 02:54 pm
My RainSoft water softener seems to have quit working. My power went out and everything went to zero's. How do I reprogram the computer values?

Salt Level - Present Level ( lbs., number of 50lbs. bags, what values?)
Time Now - (I understand this one)
Cycle Time-(I understand this one)
Hardness - (I understand this one)
Capacity - 24,000 (will only let me enter three digits. Would it be 24.?)

Any help in this matter would be greatly appriciated
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 19,643 • Replies: 6
No top replies

H2O MAN

Reply Sun 2 Nov, 2008 02:18 pm
@MEC,

What RainSoft softener do you have?

It is the old Q valve?

Salt level will correspond to total weight or fill line embossed on the salt tank.
Capacity: enter 24 for 24K.

I hope that helps ~
MEC

Reply Sun 2 Nov, 2008 03:57 pm
@H2O MAN,
Great H20 MAN thank you

I don't know what model it is. I only have the #'s that the installer wrote (in ink) on the top of the computer box. Might just be serial #. I emailed RainSoft with those #'s. I hope they will be able to use them to find the model #.

What is a Q valve? Very unfamiliar with all the pipes in and out. This unit is probably 20+ years old. Very happy with it. Haven't had to do ANYTHING other than add salt. Very pleased with it's performance. RainSoft has long since left my area and I am trying to reset computer myself. Why did it lose it's memory? I've noticed a battery on the computer board. Do you think it needs replaced? Also, I have been reading here about different problems others are having with their units. Should I change my filter? Is there any regular maintance I should have and should be doing on a regular basis?
Thanks againg for the help on my previous question H20 MAN. If there is anything else you think I could benifit in knowing please let me know
H2O MAN

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2008 03:59 am
@MEC,
It sounds like you have a Q controller on a brass valve.

Yes, you need to change the 9 volt battery every year and
it is a good idea to replace all 5 O rings and both shut off
tabs every 5 or 6 years.

What part of the country are you in?

Here is an old Q valve and the Fleck 2510SE I replaced it with. LINK
http://www.athenswater.com/images/H2O-valve-upgrade%20001.jpg
MEC

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2008 01:42 pm
@H2O MAN,
Great Link H20 MAN Thank you!

I am in Cheyenne, Wyoming

I don't know how to insert a picture or I would show you what I have. The picture you sent looks like it though. I also have an osmosis under the kitchen sink. Should I change anything here while I'm upgrading. Can I purchase the needed items through you and or your company? As well as instructions!
H2O MAN

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2008 03:52 pm
@MEC,
This company should have the RO filters and membrane that you need.

You could buy everything needed to replace your control valve, but it may be more cost effective for you to replace the entire softener.
If I could figure out how to contact you I would, maybe yo can figure it out by looking at my profile.

I hope that helps.
0 Replies

farmi29

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2009 01:14 am
@MEC,
You should not go over 200 LBS 4 bags of salt nr.1
Yes Capasity is 24 if your tank have 0.5 c of risen
0 Replies