God or the devil?

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2009 03:12 pm
I've just started going back to church and praying on a regular basis (at least 5 times a day) I'm not insanely religious I just want to get on good path in life. lately I've been praying for an ex-friend of mine and sometimes in the middle of praying or just out of the blue when he comes into my mind I get a feeling of dread surrounding me and this bold thought comes into my mind "to stop praying because it's pointless just give up on him!" it's like a small voice and I feel terrible and afraid. and I almost want to quit praying for him. is it god giving me the feeling or something else?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 5 • Views: 2,675 • Replies: 24

Green Witch

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2009 03:30 pm
@Missprincess89,
I think it's your personal common sense speaking - listen to it. Our inner voice tends to know best.

I should mention I think the whole God/Devil thing was made up by people trying to understand a mysterious world and exert some control over others. There is no evidence for any gods or demons, although I do find mythology fascinating. Praying to change a person is a form of manipulation and will do neither of you any good in end. How about aiming your prayer back at yourself with the goal of becoming the best person you can be and leave your friend to his own conscience?
contrex

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2009 03:31 pm
@Missprincess89,
Thinking Christians have not believed in a literal "devil" for a century or more. What you experienced was your own doubts. It is natural to feel doubts and fears. They come from inside you, not from a "devil". Maybe your common sense is telling you to stop superstitiously praying so much.
0 Replies

Missprincess89

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2009 04:00 pm
@Green Witch,
your an atheist or a witch so your going to hell and who said I wanted to change him he's got HIV!
djjd62

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2009 04:04 pm
@Missprincess89,
wow, you might want to try praying for some people skills while you're at it
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2009 04:13 pm
@Missprincess89,
I am neither, MissSelfRighteous. Agnostic perhaps, but not an atheist. A Green Witch is an herbalist - of which I am qualified to call myself. If you're seeking to cure your friend of HIV I'm afraid you would be better off making sure he takes his meds., and when he can't function well enough to take care of himself you can offer him assistance. God doesn't seem to be very good a curing people anymore, or perhaps he just hates the thousands of men, women and children who die every year from AIDS.
BillRM

Reply Thu 4 Jun, 2009 02:35 am
@Missprincess89,
Do you not love the religion nuts so fast to speak in their little god name and send people off to hell.

Hmm would not someone who would dare to speak for god not also end up in hell?
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Thu 4 Jun, 2009 02:37 am
@Green Witch,
If there is a hell Green Witch it more then likely be more fun then a heaven that would let in a nut case like our praying friend in.
Green Witch

Reply Thu 4 Jun, 2009 04:16 am
@BillRM,
I've noticed that all the people who have threatened me with hell are the very people I would never want to have a beer with, let alone spend eternity with listening to harp music.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 4 Jun, 2009 04:19 am
I have it on good authority that GW fornicates with SATAN every Sunday morning, when all decent people is agoin' to church.
Green Witch

Reply Thu 4 Jun, 2009 04:29 am
@Setanta,
Only if he makes me blueberry pancakes with real maple syrup afterwards. I'm no pushover ya know.
BillRM

Reply Thu 4 Jun, 2009 06:31 am
@Green Witch,
Bet his tail could be fun in bed!
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Thu 4 Jun, 2009 06:38 am
@Missprincess89,
Quote:
your an atheist or a witch so your going to hell and who said I wanted to change him he's got HIV!

Isn't going to church supposed to make you treat people nice (or what does "love your neighbor" mean)?
BillRM

Reply Thu 4 Jun, 2009 06:57 am
@ebrown p,
Isn't going to church supposed to make you treat people nice (or what does "love your neighbor" mean)?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The problem she have with her ex-friend seem to be that he was loving the wrong sex neighbor or not her in any case.

Bet most straight guys would do the same if the other choice was having sex with her.

Hell I am horny myself as my wife is out of town until the 22 of this month but just thinking about this lady greatly reduce my desires.

Side note no postings from me on the 22 or the 23 I am old but not that old.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 4 Jun, 2009 07:20 am
Wow, GW, you must be really GIB for Old Nick to treat you to real maple syrup--that stuff's expensive as Hell . . . er . . . you know what i mean . . .
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Thu 4 Jun, 2009 08:23 am
@Missprincess89,
Now just hold on a second......

If God loves everyone, then God loves Missprincess' friend and He would never tell her to give up on him since God never gives up on anyone.

So if a voice is telling her to give up, it must be the Devil whispering in her ear.

And if the Devil is talking to Missprincess then Missprincess might be a witch.

So let's weigh Missprincess and a duck and see if she floats and if she does we can build a bridge out of her.

Or something.
Green Witch

Reply Thu 4 Jun, 2009 09:02 am
@boomerang,
I think if she sinks and drowns she's innocent, but if she floats you have to pull her out and burn her.

0 Replies

jowist2000

Reply Thu 4 Jun, 2009 01:17 pm
@Missprincess89,
something else
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Thu 4 Jun, 2009 01:21 pm
@boomerang,
she turned me into a newt

i got better
Rockhead