Dewalt 14.4 Battery Terminals

JT

Reply Tue 2 Jun, 2009 07:48 pm
Which post on the battery is negative and which is positive, I can"t find them marked anywhere.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 5,353 • Replies: 6
No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 2 Jun, 2009 08:49 pm
@JT,
Why is that important to know? Isn't it so that they only fit in the tool one way?
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2009 04:55 am
@JT,

if you have the model number, you can download the product manual here --
http://www.dewalt.com/us/service/instruction_manuals.asp?SKU=ALL
farmerman

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2009 05:10 am
@Region Philbis,
questioning along with edgar. The damn batteries only fit one way. Thats probably the reason they dont show th pos or neg terminals.
JT

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2009 11:21 am
@farmerman,
I got on this forum because I thought I might discuss some tool issues with those who know something about them, but it is becoming obvious very quickly that you guys are far more intelligent than I anticipated. There is a procedure used to lenghten the life of NiCad batteries, but you need to identify the neg. post from the positive post on the battery itself.
farmerman: you are a sure genius, I'll bet you aced the round hole square peg test the very first time.
JT

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2009 11:43 am
@Region Philbis,
Region Philbis, thanks much, found it...
JT
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2009 12:07 pm
@JT,
well, if you had mentioned the reasons we could have been more accomodating. We may be smart but we are NOT mindreaders.
0 Replies