Stuck injector assembly on Rainsoft AQ24CT

George2

Reply Sun 31 May, 2009 09:24 pm
What do I do to free up the movement of my injector assembly? It moves but it is so stiff that I think it has burnt out the motor. Where do I get a motor and drive? Maybe a guesstimate of how much you think these will run me. Our water is horrible without the softener, and with 6 kiddos we really need it!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 3,670 • Replies: 5
No top replies

H2O MAN

Reply Mon 1 Jun, 2009 10:51 am
@George2,

Are you referring to a slow moving piston?
The motor turns the cream colored cams that force the piston up and down.
If this is what you are talking about... you need to replace the O rings on the piston.
You should also replace the O rings on the brine injector and replace both shut off tabs.
George2

Reply Mon 1 Jun, 2009 04:05 pm
@H2O MAN,
Yes, I am referring to a slow moving piston. Where can we get these O rings? Can we get them at the hardware store, or do we need to visit our rainsoft dealer? The cream colored cams are worn because of the sticky piston.

The shut off tab, where do we get these?

Thank you so much!
H2O MAN

Reply Mon 1 Jun, 2009 08:52 pm
@George2,

Try your local dealer or RainSoft customer service... http://www.rainsoft.com/customer-service/warranty.cfm
George2

Reply Fri 5 Jun, 2009 08:32 pm
@H2O MAN,
Thank you so much!! We have our wonderful water back, and we thank you for your help! We replaced the piston assembly (with O-rings), and the gear drive was stripped out, so we replaced the motor and drive unit. Replaced filters and everything works good again. Now I have much more confidence in maintaining my own machine. Thank you. (The kids thank you too!)
H2O MAN

Reply Sun 7 Jun, 2009 10:04 am
@George2,

I'm glad I was able 2 help you and your family.

Enjoy Very Happy
0 Replies