omfg i got jury duty..

OGIONIK

Reply Sun 24 May, 2009 04:01 am
hahahah HAH! thats what i get, right after posting in my anti police thread i go to my pile of mail and see it..

that stupid ******* invelopeish thing.

:/

I hope i get picked tho, i need monies.

i sorta dont want to go and say **** the system, i move every 3 months anyways. lolz.

wow the chances of me recieving the letter though are so small...

3 weeks ago and i wouldnt have got it.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 1,506 • Replies: 7
No top replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sun 24 May, 2009 07:19 pm
If you want to show up for jury duty (most folks don't), bring a book to read. You will be waiting a long time.
Eventually, you might get selected to potentially decide a case, until the lawyers see you, and perhaps talk with you. There is absolutely nothing wrong with your "anti-establishment" attitude. It might work in their favor or perhaps not.
You might find the process, a jury of peers, fascinating.

As an aside, my mom , a pretty smart lady, was called to hear a medical malpractice case. "Blatant" she said, much later in life. The case, involving damages, ended up in the state supreme court. The decision of mom and her fellow jurors prevailed.
And my dad, after he retired, was routinely selected "at random" to be a jury member. He was an engineer, very logical, and he knew how to keep a meeting going along and not get bogged down. He also came to the table with no prejudgements. Unlike my mom (who was a liberal) and me (a screaming liberal), dad never disclosed how he voted.

So there, you got one response to the several posts you made today. I did my best. -realjohnboy-
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 24 May, 2009 07:30 pm
They don't always interview you before you get picked. The three times I got picked to be a juror, nobody asked me personally a thing. On one case, they asked if anybody would be predjudiced against the persons that were charged. I raised a hand to indicate I was (in my mind I had them already convicted). I was ignored and had to serve.
realjohnboy

Reply Sun 24 May, 2009 07:42 pm
@edgarblythe,
Texas.

Okay, a flippant response, edgar. Seriously, I have nothing more to add.
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 24 May, 2009 07:48 pm
@realjohnboy,
That's Houston, Texas to you, sir.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sun 24 May, 2009 08:49 pm
I got a notice for jury duty in the mail sometime last year. The date for reporting was on a day when I knew I would be on vacation and therefore out of town. (I was still living in Boston at that time.) I went online and requested a change of date. You can do that one time in Massachusetts; I don't know about other states. They said OK and posted a bunch of dates for me to pick one out. I chose a date in June, 2009, knowing I would be moving to Hawaii quite some time before then and thus out of Bay State jurisdiction. Heh-heh.
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Mon 25 May, 2009 12:17 am
@OGIONIK,
I was called for jury duty on a murder case. I knew almost everyone involved, but they kept me as part of the jury anyway. Pay? Give me a break. You get very little pay for serving.
OGIONIK

Reply Mon 25 May, 2009 06:34 am
@TTH,
hey i only made 5 posts !

besides i dont post for like 4 weeks anyways then i let it all out at once :/

0 Replies