Best Sitcom Ever

hobitbob

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2003 09:24 am
Blackadder (all five, plus the specials).
The Vicar of Dibley
The Red Greene Show
Red Dwarf
Brittas Empire
Fawlty Towers
The Thin Blue Line
Three's company
0 Replies

kev

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2003 09:25 am
When monty python came out I was about 21, all my friends thought it was hilarious, but to this day I just don't know what the hell it's all about, (apart from the parrot sketch I thought that was brill)
0 Replies

Greyfan

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2003 08:10 pm
Monty Python was one of the best shows ever, but technically its a stretch to call it a sitcom...it was really a sketch comedy show. But it was so good maybe it belongs on the list anyway.

You're not alone in not caring for it though, kev. My wife and I took some neighbors to the Python live performance film (Monty Python Live at the Hollywood Bowl-1982) and they were stone faced throughout while we were rolling in the aisles.

(One of my favorite jokes was in the film and never seen on the series. Playing a couple of Aussies, two Pythons agree that Australian beer is superior to American beer. American beer, they claim, is like making love in a canoe---f***ing close to water.)
0 Replies