lmur

Reply Sat 23 May, 2009 06:54 am
After much pulling of hair and gnashing of teeth I managed to register with facebook . My problem was that their "capcha" display was not visible for some reason. I contacted their helpdesk and they eventually fixed up my registration. Only took them 3 weeks to respond but what the heck.

I've tried to make contact with some old friends today but each time I try to send a message, I'm getting this invisible capcha shite again.

It must be a setting option on my Dell PC as I was able to view the capcha symbol on my wife's laptop. Anyone know what I should do? My sanity and a cat's safety is at risk.

I'm using IE6 or 7 or something.

eoe

Reply Sat 23 May, 2009 01:39 pm
Stay away from the cat.
lmur

Reply Sun 24 May, 2009 02:35 am
@eoe,
Will do.

Anyone?
jespah

Reply Sun 24 May, 2009 06:38 am
@lmur,
I've been registered with FB for months and have no idea what you're talking about when you refer to a capcha.
lmur

Reply Sun 24 May, 2009 08:03 am
@jespah,
This is the message I'm getting:

Enter both words below, separated by a space.

Can't read the words below? Try different words or an audio captcha.
Try different words or back to text.

Sick of these? Verify your account.
Text in the box:
Nothing displays.

Misspelt "captcha", sorry.
sozobe

Reply Sun 24 May, 2009 08:23 am
@jespah,
When I just registered my new account on Facebook, there was one. I don't remember if I had to do it the first time around.

They're those distorted words that humans can decipher but computers can't. It stops automated registrations (or is supposed to, I don't know if it works).

No advice though lmur, sorry. I guess contact FB's helpdesk again. If your former contact was via email, replying to the last one may save some time vs. starting all over again.
lmur

Reply Sun 24 May, 2009 08:39 am
@sozobe,
Thanks sozobe. I banged an e-mail off to them and await their response which, hopefully, occurs this side of Christmas <sigh>
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 24 May, 2009 08:45 am
@lmur,
lmur wrote:
It must be a setting option on my Dell PC as I was able to view the capcha symbol on my wife's laptop. Anyone know what I should do? My sanity and a cat's safety is at risk.

since it seems to be a problem with your system rather than FB, wouldn't it be better to contact Dell support?
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sun 24 May, 2009 12:56 pm
Ah, well, then verify your account with them. It's possible you're not accepting the cookie or the cookie was somehow damaged.
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Sun 24 May, 2009 12:58 pm
@lmur,
Didya get there yet????
0 Replies

Wy

Reply Thu 17 Dec, 2009 08:33 pm
@lmur,
Move to Firefox instead of IE. IE is a pain in the lower neck.
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Fri 18 Dec, 2009 04:55 am
@lmur,
lmur wrote:
Enter both words below, separated by a space.

I don't remember what facebook uses for their captchas but that text you describe sounds like they are using recaptcha.net.

So I'd start with seeing if you can get a recaptcha.net captcha to display in your browser, you can see one at the top of this page:

http://recaptcha.net/learnmore.html

In this implementation (which is not necessarily how Facebook is doing it, and I'm not going to go try to trigger a captcha on Facebook to see how they do it) it uses an iframe, and if you think settings may be the issue I'd look into what iframe related settings (or settings relating to cross-domain content) you might have changed.
0 Replies

Rideout

Reply Fri 18 Dec, 2009 07:00 am
@lmur,
It must be the cookies, maybe IE doesn't accept the cookies, or you must update your flash player or your browser. When you tried to see it, wasn't there any confirmation saying you must install something in order to see the code?
Or I suggest to try with firefox also or even chrome. If that keeps happen, you should update your flash player. It's not facebook, I have an account on facebook, but never happened that, so it must be your browser and the player...
0 Replies

lmur

Reply Fri 18 Dec, 2009 02:58 pm
Thanks to all who responded. I switched browsers to Firefox months ago (the topic dates back to May) and the problem conveniently disappeared. IE has been consigned to the recycling bin of history and is not missed.
0 Replies

CheyenneAlyssa88

Reply Sat 1 May, 2010 12:13 pm
@lmur,
Hi, I am having the same problem..I also have a Hewlitt Packard Dell and either I see the words but its so small I do not see the box to type them into or vice versa..I see the box but cannot see the words...How can U fix this withoug having to wait 3 weeks for it to be fixed or attempted to be fixed..It's like this on ALL apps on FB.. I either see the words or box and so small I cannot read them to type in the box or see the box but now the words..TOO small
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Sat 1 May, 2010 01:01 pm
@lmur,
One: update your browser. The latest IE is more secure, less bulky, and more reliable (less likely to crash).
Two: I have problems with these annoying anti-bot/anti-spam features and I see them for the most part. I swear sometimes I type the correct response and I still get flack for allegedly getting the response wrong. I don't think they're as reliable as the programmers of these things make them out to be.
0 Replies

shubhansh mishra

Reply Mon 9 Jul, 2012 03:31 am
@lmur,
my facebook account in disable please start my account my email is [email protected] & my mobile number is 8080735029
0 Replies

shubhansh mishra

Reply Mon 9 Jul, 2012 03:46 am
hiiiiiiiiiiiiiii please start my facebook account.............................
Region Philbis

Reply Mon 9 Jul, 2012 03:48 am
@shubhansh mishra,

do you know where you are?
0 Replies

Isabela

Reply Wed 18 Jul, 2012 12:42 pm
@lmur,
You wait for 3 weeks OMG! Its late but good that your problem get resolve. I think they take much time as Facebook is now an ocean of members. Keep enjoy your profile...
0 Replies